About Moderation (old original thread)

I knew that C was a magic key because I accidentally hit it all the time, and now I know J is also magical, time to start testing alllllllll the keys.

It should be one of those Movie Night announcements at the top of the home screen.

ā€œJā€ DOES MAGICAL THINGS

This will change my already pleasurable forum experience for the better.

Are you volunteering to take his place?

You were getting insulted a lot so I thought about flagging those posts since many people here say they want insults to stop but decided not to stir the potā€¦

6 Likes

Potato and whosnext are on deck I think.

1 Like

Haha thatā€™s amazing. Thatā€™s the VIM shortcut to exit and save from a file.

Ty that is a good reminder.

And just to be clear, I do not think you need to be a moderator to criticize moderation or a moderator any more than I need to make a good Transformers movie to tell Michael Bay he made a bad one.

I will say to anyone though that if you are in favor of a changing of the guard, I request that you contribute to a process where there are posters to replace them.

Obv such critics are already contributing the part about wanting people to be replaced. We need the second half of that to happen or this place will turn into Deadwood.

Itā€™s a pretty obscure vim shortcut too. Vim experts Iā€™ve met donā€™t ever seem to know about it. Most people prefer typing :wq for some reason even though itā€™s more keystrokes.

I disagree strongly though about vim shortcuts, but I get where youā€™re coming from. When I was new to vim i thought the same. Now two years later (actually almost 3) Iā€™m fairly proficient and canā€™t imagine using anything else. If an IDE does not have a vim plugin I will not use it. Although I am one of those plebs that uses the arrow keys for movement rather than fghj or whatever those movement keys are.

if thereā€™s a vim plugin for discourse Iā€™m uh, gonna look into thatā€¦

:q!

1 Like

:wq4lyfe!

Heā€™s not wrong.

You know who ignored my PM on 2+2 when you banned me? You did.Yo
You know who actually spoke to me, and sorted it out (you IP banned me, bro), goofy. Iā€™m pretty sure goofy doesnā€™t like me very much, but he was professional about the matter.

You are incapable of being objective, and you need to go,

2 Likes

I mean, sure, we have our disagreements, and I like you as a poster. What pisses me off is when you abuse your mod privileges to ban me. Or anyone, for that matter.

TBH your little story make me more upset at goofy than Wookie and makes a strong case for not having mods here that are also mods there.

My mistake, I read it as d2 got banned from here then used 2+2 PMs to get unbanned, I didnā€™t realize it was supposed to just be an example of Wookieā€™s supposed megalomania.

Yeah, no,

Donā€™t usually post PMs but this one went unrequited, so I guess itā€™s OK.

1 Like

InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-max-1mb

3 Likes

I explained my reasoning in its entirety on the forum here. I had nothing to add via PM.

Banning the IP associated with the account is the standard nature of this forum software. Itā€™s different from 2+2. You received no better or worse treatment than any other timeout ban.

Edit: if the IP ban was because you came back on gimmicks and the gimmicks got nuked to a higher degree, thatā€™s on you.

Takes some stones, though, to accuse me of having a particular bias against you when the mods were in unanimous agreement about your behavior.

I mean, Iā€™m not saying that youā€™re somehow wrong here. Iā€™m saying that my interaction with you in this instance is why I dislike you as a person. I get to do that, remember?

The mod thing, whatever. Somebody else can figure out how that works. I think Iā€™m done here, and with talking to you. You donā€™t seem to be very good and responding when challenged, such as when I challenged you to post something Iā€™d said which was self-contradictory.

Now youā€™re just lying.

About Moderation (old original thread) - #698 by MrWookie.

See #3. I specifically pointed out your contradictory reasoning as evidence of your bad faith.

But if you just donā€™t like me personally, cool. Bye.

Fair enough, and I wasnā€™t going to push for anybody to be removed or anything I just didnā€™t see ā€œsomeone banned me here so I bitched at them and other mods on another siteā€ as a positive.

1 Like