About Moderation (old original thread)

They can but choose not to as it’s a tourist attraction.

Isn’t dag an Aussie term for the shit that hangs out of a sheep’s arse, used pejoratively to describe people you don’t like?

Dag

3 Likes

Microbet is spot on. And, by the way, Snatch is one of the best films ever, maybe 1 behind the usual suspects.

The way he explained it to me, is when there would be concerts in town, the pikies would take over the parking lots and after someone parked their car they’d go over and offer their “security services” to ensure that nothing happened to the car. If the owner said, “it’s ok, my dog is in the back”, they’d respond “can the dog put out a fire?”

Not sure about that, but I did see a documentary once which had an Australian sheep farmer castrating some sort of sheep-like animal with his teeth. That was a little disturbing.

They do that for breakfast in Australia. You should see them in action at dinnertime.

1 Like

C — is it Crude?
U — is it Ugly?
N — is it Narcissistic?
T — is it cheaper than getting Therapy for your personality disorder?

12 Likes

Discord channel.

Maybe the arts and entertainment section or whatever that is? Look at what it’s done to RiskyFlush.

1 Like

What about if I start that thread Riskyflush suggested? Seems like plenty of people here want a bar brawl thread, or at least to have a bar brawl, I’m just not quite sure how to frame it.

Wow. That’s fucking good. I didn’t even realise you were this smart, you been holding out?

That’s up there with gypos isn’t it - both words I avoid using now - not that either were really in my vocab to begin with.

/ just saying

3 Likes

Dude. I had to look up how it was spelt, and I still wasn’t sure I got it right. Pykes? Pykies?

Even though that word was in vogue when I was in school, I haven’t heard it in ages, and we have to move with the zeitgeist. I only used it because of the Snatch clip.

I’m not all that bright but I am pretty funny

1 Like

I can’t really respond to this piecemeal, so I’ll just respond to what seems to me like the general theme, or the actual issue - your online interactions are spilling out into your real life. Yeah, that’s not good.

The thing to do to fix that is to stop these online interactions with strangers spilling out into your real life, not to try and shape the online interactions to form something you don’t mind spilling out into your real life, coz that is never happening.

I’ll let you into a secret: what you guys call “aggressive discourse” is just my regular “me”. It’s just my personality, yo. I’m not doing this on purpose (well, maybe I have acted up for the audience, on occasion, but not lately, I don’t think). It’s just me, bro. This is how I talk.

That’s what I meant, when I said I should probably stop posting, before. Not everyone is a fan, and I get that. I’m not going to try to shoehorn anyone into being a fan, either, but I’m not planning on changing any time soon.

There is a very simple answer to your question, but neither you nor anybody else here is going to like it.

It’s because I’m an alcoholic. I post here for entertainment when I’m drunk. Currently, I’m about 3 bottles of wine in.

6 Likes

Damn, that’s not healthy.

Some companies in Japan used to have a basement with an effigy of every manager and baseball bats to be used whenever.

Actually, it’s about 15 if we count all the days since Christmas. But who’s counting?

A appreciate that, I do. I’m also open to suggestions of how this works in here., coz I’m not entirely sure that random people on the internet are really going to be able to fix this one.

2 Likes

Que lol?

A thread here…

has a couple of posters in a similar predicament if you read through it just a little.

gl dude.

5 Likes