About Moderation (old original thread)

He is in his own mind, but that side doesn’t really like him either.

I’m not that devious or ever trying to think that many moves ahead related to forum stuff. I PM’d you (btw, none of what you told me there has ever left that PM) because I really didn’t want to ban you, but saw the damage you were doing. And it seemed like you were only here to post in about unstuck and try to attack the forum. So I wanted to have a conversation with you to attempt to gauge where you were at.

In the deep dive I did into everyone’s posting history, I saw that you were actually starting to increase your posting outside of about unstuck, which made me believe you wanted to contribute to the whole community again. That was why I changed my mind on you.

I feel like it’s a personal failure that I’ve never even been considered for a ban.

Maybe nobody reads my posts.

4 Likes

The damage I was doing?

50 percent of the forum thinks you should be demodded. Many who don’t are playing the same game that you are frustrated with me about. (Example: many voted no on your mod run and then no on demodding because ultimately you banned the “right” people.)

You’ve now run off greg and clovis is stepping down.

I only dream of being capable of this kind of damage.

It means you’re a consistently good poster here.

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that you were a positive here.

Upsetting goreo was definitely my biggest regret from this, and as I’ve said the one part I didn’t anticipate.

I think I made 2 (?) posts outside of “the drama” threads. Come on man, you obviously reached really really really far to use me as justification to “change your mind” about CN. Well played.

I literally do not think on this level. I guess I should feel flattered that you think I would plan something that elaborate.

I like trolly tyvm

You made more than two posts in both the stonks and crypto threads.

JFC whatever, it was a tiny number of posts whatever it was. But good job focusing on irrelevant details. The point is that my posting history in the last week (which mostly consisted of pointing out meb’s troll campaign) shouldn’t have had any bearing on changing anything, and neither should CN’s have.

I was used as useful fodder to justify not banning CN. (I wasn’t even on the original ban list and meb had to ask me what side I was on for fucks sake.)

Ok I’ve let this run it’s course some but the idea that meb has orchestrated some sort of coordinated plan to save me is ridiculous. meb and I are… not on especially good terms. Meanwhile, I never got any sort of special treatment like PMs and promises made like you apparently did. Must be nice.

The weird part to me, and you could actually shed some light on this, is if you all thought that Jal, Churchill and me were all going to be banned, why did Jal vote for himself to be permanently banned? Sure seems to suggest that he thought he wasn’t going to get banned. At a minimum, he didn’t think it would stick. Sure seems like you guys were angling for a scenario where the three of us get banned, then thought you could repeal Jal and Churchill’s ban. So in other words, it seems like you were actively doing what you’re accusing meb of doing.

So my question for you is this:

If your group expected all jal, churchill and I to get banned, why did jal effectively vote for his permaban?

1 Like

Suicide by cop?

1 Like

He didn’t save you because he likes you, obviously. Even NBZ could have figured that one out.

So what’s the reason then? I have no idea what it is other than the one stated. I’m sure plenty of other people don’t either.

Also, why did jal vote for his permaban?

The reason is he’s mad that his constitutional amendments didn’t go through so he’s burning the place down. Banning only captains is the best way to cause the most drama.

3 Likes

Whether or not you think he’s misguided, there’s zero chance meb is purposely trying to ruin this place. As I told meb a few weeks ago, it’s incredibly arrogant to assume that you are the only one that cares about this place.

But not jal, who has voted against multiple nominations. This would have been very easy to check. Why didn’t you?

My interpretation is the one that’s most charitable to you as an empathetic human who respects things that are important to other humans. The alternative where you’re just fucking with people for fun is a lot worse.

You’re wrong. He’s said exactly that. Maybe we can get an admin to publish everyone’s PMs.