About Moderation (old original thread)

I can’t believe you guys are fighting on Canada day

4 Likes

Canada day pretty much got canceled this year.
Pretty much no celebrations in my city, entire areas used to be shutdown for street parties.

You guys don’t like fireworks for that holiday?

Don’t think anywhere is doing them this year, heavy reflection on colonialism and abuses against indigenous people instead!

2 Likes

What’s it commemorate? Like we have Australia Day here but really it’s invasion/survival day because it commemorates the beginning of the genocide of indigenous peoples.

1 Like

Like July 4th, it originally celebrated our confederation from England and unified the areas comprising Canada at the time.

So other people are allowed to have legitimate concerns, but when I get upset by long-term regs leaving, it’s “fainting couching?”

I understand people have legitimate issues with jmakin! I think KONY has a right to be upset. The thing is, we either resolve this one way or another or else we go back to this standard model where jmakin gets needled for year-old drama anytime he dares to post outside of the golf thread.

1 Like

Well, as above, Jmakin has taken that advice on. I’m sure he’d love for resolution but that isn’t happening for any number of reasons. He seems content to go on posting in areas where for the most part people don’t care or put issues aside to discuss common interests. Most of this site operates the same way outside of about unstuck. And the fainting couch was just referencing the meme that you are the chief poster in that thread lol. It amuses me.

It isn’t happening because no one lets anything go on this hellsite. Jal & jman would still be raging about curry and ghetto blasters today if that drama hadn’t been forcibly stopped.

1 Like

Looks it’s clearly your opinion that what happened falls in the same category as many other scuffles (which may well have not been let go when they should have). I/many others disagree as is clear. This seems to bother your more than jmakin. Maybe do what he is doing and avoid about unstuck?

Nahh it’s ok

You could just undo the bans 🤷

I think they legitimately can’t because meb used some magic (predicting what would happen)

To be clear, I did it after they had already been reversed.

Lol good stuff

3 Likes

Maybe I missed something but this seems like a completely asinine response to a perfectly reasonable question.

It’s already been answered that I did.

OK nvm, my bad.

It was a shortcut to the end. Done after another mod reversed their bans. Ultimately this is better for them. When you guys demod me they can come back on a new account with a clean slate.