About Moderation (old original thread)

There’s been discussion in here before about how none of these issues exist in the discord. Theories have been posited that it’s due to the subjects being discussed there, the lack of moderation, etc.

The real reason might just be that none of the posters who cause 90% of the mess on this site, are in the discord. And most of the other 10% is people responding to those same people causing 90% of the issues. As much as it would suck to lose people from a small community, it is probably time to tell people to get their act together or leave.

Also, everyone needs to realize that it’s ok to just let arguments die. Especially if you find yourself in an argument with one of these people, as they will never let it die.

5 Likes

From somewhat of an outsider, I do think you guys do an excellent job of keeping things running smoothly considering how easily a forum like this could implode - maybe its the OCD in some of us that collectively helps.

Notbrucelee might be correct though in regards to making the covid thread a bit more moderated if that’s what the majority wants. I personally disagree with some of the discussion from a philosophical pov but I still appreciate the info that is given.

Alternative idea, we just permanently lock the Covid thread. I stopped reading it long ago because it’s a disaster. I’m sure others feel the same way.

Absolutely not. Easily a top 5 story world wide, and is a major issue in the day to day lives of the people in the forum.

Given you’re one of the handful of people who cause most of the problems on this forum, this tells me it’s a good idea.

Don’t like this idea at all.

1 Like

Failed how?

Please both sides this shit for the brit saying the cdc is a kangaroo court run by sycophants who likes to troll people about their families. I call that guy out, so I’m the cause obviously.

1 Like

I don’t read the Covid thread. I can see the damage you’ve caused just from your other activity here, but realistically nothing is going to be done. So I’ll leave it there.

You know what this forum needs?

A BANGERS tournament like we did with Led Zeppelin and Metallica. @anon29622970 can seed 64 (or 128 or some other power of 2) and we can all have fun.

5 Likes

That tournament ending in anything other than Blinding Lights vs Give Me Everything would be a major upset.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve picked two of the 1 seeds. Good start!

1 Like

I think if people want to post here, they should show such. We have people who have said, explicitly they are only here to troll! I don’t think it’s outrageous to ask people to post actual content beyond bickering.

Although when I asked JT to do that he got really mad, then deleted his account rather than do so.

3 Likes

Give Me Everything might be more overrated than Japanese food.

Yeah, I said it.

I do feel like one issues with tournaments like that is people will have their favorites and vote against other songs that they view as threats. So there’s a high risk of a mediocre winner.

I didn’t notice that at all with the Led Zep or Metallica tournaments.

Not a non-zero chance of that happening, but I don’t think it’s worth worrying about.

Could take the top 64 of a pitchfork or rolling stone list pretty easily.

Rolling stone top 500 songs ever
Pitchfork top 100 of the 90s or 2000s

I’m not against something like that, but for a BANGERS tournament, I trust no one but meb to form the bracket.

1 Like

Alright let’s make it happen. I’ll start a thread for it.

2 Likes

People who need to have the last word are easily troll-able.

COVID is a bit of an unusual issue, though. It has affected society so much that some people feel that fighting COVID misinformation anywhere they see it is a mission worth going all-out on.

How much tolerance should you have for people who are wrong about COVID? Trans rights? The war in Ukraine?

Questions like this were never asked or answered when the forum started.