About Moderation (old original thread)

Why do people pretend like this is some kind of bad thing? All of the people squaring off in pugilistic battles of wit are coming here for fun, as a hobby that they enjoy. Nobody forces anyone to type the URL into their browser, if you want to enter the thunderdome, toss on the gloves and lezzgo.

2 Likes

Is it that much of a mystery? Guy coming off his umpteenth silence, a couple of incorrigible ragers, a few absentee landlords checking in on their ā€˜propertyā€™, a commonWealth admirer?

oh because they are lying.

3 Likes

Right, is Churchill nuking this place out of spite? I donā€™t see how, he stops by until he mildly annoys someone in the covid thread and then gets banned for like a week. Who cares. The rest of it seems to be talking about, I donā€™t know, microbet? Which, lol?

Iā€™ve been saying this for years!

2 Likes

Nope. You have been trying to ā€œget meā€ for quite a few posts now and have failed each time. I am impressed by your continued enthusiasm, but the lesson i was trying to teach you has nothing to do with hypocrisy, it has to do with the merit of the action you are attempting to criticize. It is literally the point I tried to make when attacking your original, terrible, hypocrisy post.

While I do appreciate your constant grading of my posts here, Iā€™m fairly confident in my conclusions and effectiveness. I will say that while both you and churchill (and everyone else) attempts to needle each other, you are lacking in the witty department which i think is both pretty universally agreed upon and far worse than any other crime mentioned above.

2 Likes

I said churchill does troll and that was a troll.

(Sorry X. This may cost you $200 (or more!). Itā€™s hard to not respond when @'d. (nothing insidious, Iā€™m just trying to get some work done and did one of those ā€œif you catch me posting before 5:30ā€ things))

Since Iā€™m here thoughā€¦

Yup. (thatā€™s me agreeing with you)

I beg your pardon. Theyā€™re very skilled at communicating, but theyā€™re also the only one smart enough to understand.

1 Like

This is so odd, you clearly have to know by now this is similar to me saying you cannot code a good nft bot. Maybe itā€™s true, but I know i donā€™t possess the skill to assess that.

You have a really good opportunity to improve yourself. You just realized that you went out of your way to "prove" that churchill was needling, with an obvious intent to show that in a negative light (otherwise what was the point?). You already admitted that this type of behavior is well accepted and you practice it yourself a lot. Instead of focusing on the hypocrisy you showed here, focus on what caused you to do this.

You can improve goofy! I am giving you every tool possible. You are really almost there, just show a tiny bit of good faithā„¢ and i think youā€™ll really remember this day as a turning point.

2 Likes

also the constant whining about derails they donā€™t like.

1 Like

ā€œliterally no one belives youā€.

1 Like

No you canā€™t and you didnā€™t explain why you can in this post. I can grade that cause iā€™m very good at logic. Do you really have to go back and forth trying to outwit me instead of actually answering the content of my post?

If you truly cannot understand it, I will help you some more. Just attempt to stop grading me on something iā€™m clearly way better than you at. Either converse or donā€™t. You are just attempting to troll, which is frowned upon.

1 Like

Iā€™m not, it was a joke. I really am bad at communicating my humor, that is true.

I donā€™t want to foresee the future, but your odds of ā€œgetting meā€ are really close to zero. It will be far better if you try to converse about the content, in this case why did you feel the need to go out of your way to ā€œproveā€ that churchill was needling cuse.

Again, this isnā€™t about hypocrisy.

1 Like

Give away the stone
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor
Give away the stone
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold

Letā€™s try an experiment where I randomly change peopleā€™s names and we see how long it takes to figure out who they used to be. Itā€™ll be fun!

8 Likes

Why did you go out of your way (finding old quotes from different threads is by all accounts out of your way) to show that Churchill was needling Cuse with the GF comments (which i thought was obvious and needed no explanation but you decided it does).

Iā€™m trying a different approach here.

1 Like

Okay, but why? Why is churchill needling so important that a proof must be shown to everyone, while so many of your posts consist of needling which donā€™t seem to need further explanation or discussion, they are just part of the discourse? I really feel like I asked this question 6-7 times in the last 15 minutes and you refuse to answer it. I canā€™t imagine this has anything to do with what you consider my lack of communication skills.

2 Likes

Gentlemen, you guys are both good communicators and basically okay dudes.

1 Like

This could have been posted by 20 different people and is part of the basis of the ongoing grudges. There isnā€™t really an attempt to communicate for the most part, just a lot of seeking to get people to ā€œadmitā€ to things strawmanned onto them.

Thatā€™s not me accusing anyone of strawmanning because I donā€™t think itā€™s intentional, I just think that there have been misunderstandings between users and the misunderstandings grow and grow until both sides have a completely different idea of the truth.

3 Likes

It could, but this time for example it is used as an opposite tool. Goofyā€™s post doesnā€™t make any sense whatsoever if it is distanced from his motives. Then when confronted he all of a sudden loses cognitive skills and is uncapable of even understanding the questions iā€™m raising. He can easily disagree with it and maybe produce a counter argument, but not understanding it all together seems disingenuous at best.

It doesnā€™t seem irrelevant to me and I find it hard to believe anyone could find it irrelevant. We have an ongoing discussion on whether a certain user is an abusive troll criminal (who literally should be EXPELLED from the community) or just a dude who has been mistreated and as a result has picked up a more combative (yet not super aggressive) persona.

You then proceed to take a fairly mundane needling, one that you can find in almost every conversation without anyone highlighting it to the masses and decide to dig up posts to prove it was in fact a needling.

If you canā€™t see the relevance I worry for you. The issue here isnā€™t that you needle. We all do. Thatā€™s perfectly fine. I hope this was written in simple enough language.

3 Likes