About Moderation (old original thread)

My reaction is more for how that’s what’s going to stick in the canon, and the “all the” you put before it

That’s going to be everyone’s takeaway

tenor

What I don’t get is why anyone who left for paradise would care in any way what is going on here except to troll. That part I get completely.

4 Likes

Nobody wanted to leave this place, they specifically wanted to try to improve it in a way that left everyone satisfied with the outcome. At least that was what was publicly said, I missed being able to read the PM thread that was briefly made public so maybe there was something in it that was more nefarious.

The group that left us felt cast off of Unstuck the same way all of us felt cast off from 2+2 and it sucks that we’re the Masons in this scenario.

8 Likes

There was.

We’re not.

2 Likes

lol

This is a complete misread. This is OMC raises to $20 utg in a 1/2 game and you think “eh, maybe he has 72o.”

1 Like

Ota seems pretty willing to listen if you guys want to enlighten him instead of giving snarky responses.

Edit: or don’t and just let this thread go back to being dormant. (preferred)

3 Likes

Is he willing to listen, because declaring us masons kinda implies the opposite pretty hard.

Them I would invite him to skim through the mod action thread and explain why he thinks the guys who keep getting banned for being shit-stirring assholes are sincerely interested in improving the community. Because it really looks like it’s the other way to me.

Maybe he meant differently, but my (and others) read of his post is obviously reasonable and in good faith

The very brief explanation is I don’t think people like microbet and Johnny Truant (and yes, JT ate repeated bans so I understand he isn’t a great counter example) are shit-stirring assholes. Are there some in the group who left who are shit-stirrers? Of course there but I think there are others who felt defeated when their ideas were met with scorn and ridicule.

Part of the problem with all of this is trying to assign the same motives to a group of 10+ people because they all talked privately. Unstuck Politics isn’t a place to plan radical political attacks just because NBZ posts here, for example.

(^a joke posted in good taste)

3 Likes

Your second paragraph is obviously correct. Not everyone had the same motives, tendencies or behaviors. But some people were just here to troll. It’s probably not worth going over though.

1 Like

What ideas weren’t implemented? We demodded Wookie, set up rotating mods, and now they’re mad because of our ostentatious wealth or some shit. It was all a series of bullshit pretexts to bully and harass the community.

And no, Micro and JT and not the troublemakers here, I think you know that.

Who are

1 Like

Actually you’re right, I think it was Mat who decided to nuke the 2+2 Politics forum, not Mason. In my half-baked analogy we’re failsons, not Wikipedia plagiarists. My bad.

JT wanted to try some kind of unmoderated subforum on here and because he took some time off in the middle of originally planning to set it up he was criticized for not actually wanting to implement his idea. That was specifically what I was thinking of in that post.

And this makes us like Mason or Mat? Because we didn’t implement an idea that was never put forward for a vote or group discussion? I don’t know/remember what specific criticism was thrown at him, if it was legitimately out of line, then something should have been done about that. JT didn’t leave until many months after that episode so I don’t think it’s the cause of him leaving.

Yeah that’s what I remember too. That’s a big part of JTs issue as well.

I think CN is harder to ignore because a lot of discussion in threads, particularly covid, revolves around or is greatly impacted by his contributions.

Edit: To be clear not jabbing, this applies to a lot of posters in a lot of threads. I would personally never use ignore for this reason. It reduces the reading experience and analysis for me at least.

Oh it was also made clear this was largely over stuff that was half remembered drama from nearly a decade ago