Right, you don’t want to articulate it because it would sound fucking stupid if you did.
Keed’s approval rating sinking! What can he do to turn it around?!
Yup, different standards for different posters and different standards for different mods. No BIAS you’re the BIAS.
Engaging in the bad faith discussion is a win for no one.
I’ll be commenting in the RFC thread.
I’m sure some sort of conciliatory remark would go a long way. What about “fine people on both sides”?
Seems like he just needs to hold tight until a few more people drama rage quit.
JFC demod ASAP
Jeez, Riverman resigning now too
It’s such obvious bullshit that it makes me question my sanity. Keed… the grown adult with a good job has never in his entire life learned about communication etiquette. JLAWOKAY
Man, there are a few supposed actual adults who really fucking hate this site and are happy to burn it down. That’s pretty depressing.
This is all a convenient distraction from poor BibleJohn.
fuck you
I won’t speak for other posters, but, imo, the abuse of power is that you were recently made aware that there is a rule preventing mods from taking action on flagged posts when their own posts were flagged… And now you have gone and banned a poster for reporting one of your posts.
Now, I’m sure you’ll add the, “but CW was trolling” exception to your previously articulated, “but Riverman’s decision was bullshit” principle to justify why it’s ok for you to act in this case, but that’s not in the rule.
Like was the trolling really both (a) so egregious that CW needed to eat a ban but also (b) so subtle that another mod couldn’t be trusted to make the right call if you had just taken a deep breath and followed the rule about not taking actions when you made the post that got reported?
I didn’t resolve that flag. A mod can take action against me for the post that was reported. I let CW know that the discussion was over and my warning was clear and not to respond further. He choose to respond further, reporting the post. That was clearly trolling so I gave him a 1 day ban.
Nonsense. I’m the asshole that nominated him. Don’t feel bad.
And, unlike me, you voted for me.
You realize there are other mods right? You also release that you can ignore flags and let someone else take action?
I ignore many flags and let you guys act on them.
Right which goes to show that you had a specific motive which was to act like a poster with power and not a moderator.