About Moderation (old original thread)

wait, what? lol how did this happen?

I would think it was the insane saffron chicken dude.

Cuse, F the haters. Just block and move on.

3 Likes

Alright, I guess Iā€™ll be back in 14 days and nuking is not allowed. I really do need one thread deleted since my OP reveals my identity and I canā€™t edit/delete an OP. Itā€™s a pretty irrelevant thread in the grand scheme of things, just about my vlog.

Beyond that if nuking isnā€™t an option I can go back myself and delete/edit individual posts that out my identity. Itā€™s tedious given my volume, but Iā€™m the one who fucked that up so itā€™s on me and Iā€™ll deal with it.

At that point either anonymizing the account or just letting me change the username would both be fine with me, Iā€™m still going to lurk and PM and maybe make an occasional post so if thatā€™s on this account thatā€™s fine.

You guys would revolt when I unilaterally banned the bottom 50% of my ignore list as I subjectively rate it. The site would be substantially better off probably if everyone let it stand, but you guys wouldnā€™t.

I think deleting personally identifying info should essentially always be allowed and if you PM me what you want removed or edited, Iā€™ll do it if itā€™s in my power.

4 Likes

Just delete the personal info dude, block the people you dont like and move on.

4 Likes

You want to be a democracy that has consequences. In this case you ignored jalfrezi living a few miles out from the line because voters. Now cuse is quitting and the second best content creator on the site has been traded for the feelings of a bunch of people traumatized by God awful 2p2 moderation.

Iā€™m not saying it was a fun spot to be in but you should have made the other choice. If itā€™s close and you need a tie breaker the moderators should be siding with the people who make the site better over the people who make it worse. I donā€™t think that should be controversial either.

I donā€™t mind this one as much, I can easily disprove it and did so as far as Iā€™m concerned. But being accused of starting a business to profit off people impoverished by the pandemic is totally false - flagged both of those and they werenā€™t deleted. Being called a perv seems absurd and way over the line to me. Flagged those and they werenā€™t deleted.

Thanks.

Agreed, my .02 on that are worth the same as anyone elseā€™s. Seems like letting mods delete posts or even parts of a post would go a long way.

Iā€™m almost positive that the kind of improvement people want here is impossible. Itā€™s an abusive culture we brought with us and itā€™s not going away.

So what youā€™re saying isā€¦

IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DECIDE YOU STILL HAVE MADE A CHOICE

:exploding_head:

3 Likes

I think we should be free to go as personal as we would tolerate a Democrat going against a Republican in an actual electoral campaign. If it is in-bounds to use in a political argument against someone like Donald Trump, then it should be in-bounds to use in a political argument here. Itā€™s all politics. Itā€™s impossible to have a long-term non-contentious political debate unless itā€™s an echo chamber with no dissent.

1 Like

Anyways, this is why I have a personal policy of not using the same username on different forums and making it hard to link those identities.

Canā€™t delete it all myself and my name and sn are linked outside this site in ways I canā€™t control that pop up on Google - that wasnā€™t actually my own intentional doing, a friend did it accidentally years ago. Micro is helping me with an OP now (canā€™t edit or delete those myself). Once I do the rest, changing or anonymizing this sn solves my problems.

Yeah. Asking for help to delete the personal info seems wise. Everything else seems unnecessary. Stick around, ignore the haters.

1 Like

If youā€™ve followed the spats it seems like he has an issue with blocking and ignoring the people that he doesnā€™t like.

I guess I sort of see where he is coming from where he doesnā€™t want them saying things about him that he doesnā€™t agree with but I think he overestimates what the casual observer will think of him from those posts if left unchallenged. I donā€™t think most people care much or even make many judgments on him based off of what others say because they can view Cuseā€™s posts and make a judgment call for themselves based on the things heā€™s posted. Heā€™s fairly open about his thought process and how he views things, so it doesnā€™t seem too hard for randoms reading it to understand his views and make their own judgment calls.

I think he cares too much about something that doesnā€™t matter much at all IMO

3 Likes

I never got the tolerance for Fly. From my perspective, he was as annoying as Dr. Ikes, but ikes was higher variance and more likely to say something interesting at the price of being more likely to say something worse.

Itā€™s politics. No one is happy unless they win and most people here have a problem taking the L in an argument. Building a forum that can accommodate posters with irreconcilable differences is a microcosm of trying to govern a country with two sides that seem incompatible.

The key difference between fly and ikes, content aside, is that fly was funny. Thatā€™s valuable. Imo anyway.

5 Likes

Hate fly. And his suggestion that it might benefit me if my daughter were raped because I had the audacity to ask ikes a question had me literally considering traveling to punch him in the nose.

9 Likes

Fly was excellent but liked going over the line too much (the microbet thing above which, yeesh, never heard that and Kapogate).

3 Likes