About Moderation (old original thread)

This isn’t relevant. Please stop before another 200 post shit storm starts. Considering Wookiee isn’t a mod if you want to continue this please have it in a PM.

1 Like

Understood. Wookie - if you want to continue, happy to do so on PM. Otherwise, laters.

I took the captain thing off. It’s about time. Would have done it sooner, but I kinda forgot the significance. I’ll stick with my fractals from now on, I like those.

I’m confused, I thought Wookie was removed as a moderator 6 months ago and this poster was complaining about another poster voicing support for Tilted. Glad you set us straight.

1 Like

I was speaking for myself, sir. “Nobody” was a useful pronoun to use for comedic effect. You know, how you did with “than”, when you meant “then”. Oh, how we laughed! My belly is still aching from that.

Why are you posting this here?

2 Likes

Because this is the About Moderation Thread and Wookie is still a moderator, obviously.

Talk about a horrible precedent

Working hard, thank you!

2 Likes

hmmmmm does this edit violate the clock pledge?

1 Like

Where’s your fucking hall pass? You want the bear mace, bro?

1 Like

And this form of moderation works well on people who aren’t just here, by their own admission, for the lolz and to troll. We have seen in recent history that when you ask some posters to be kinder, they respond by doubling down on the trolling.

I’m here for the lolz and to troll, but I can also take a hint. Let’s not be painting everyone with the same brush, bruh.

Edit: I responded before you added all that other stuff.

I believe that the degree of the offense, the track record of the offender, and the degree of repetition of offenses should all be weighted heavily into moderation decisions.

I don’t think anyone here is for temp-banning anyone for first offenses or very rare offenses, unless they’re very severe. Certainly not perma-banning them for first/rare offenses that aren’t extreme.

Meb has a good track record, but if he came back and crossed the same line the same way over and over and over again, then complained about being moderated, repeat warnings and PMs would probably be ineffective.

Part of the reason this incident is a model for moderation and behavior is on meb’s side too. Rare offender, reasonable reaction. We can all strive to need our posts moderated as rarely as meb and to take it as well as meb did, and moderators can all strive to deliver it as fairly and transparently as Tilted.

3 Likes

Lol, no. The only moderator I’ve “criticized” was pocketchads, and it wasn’t because of any moderation decisions he made against me.

Meb: I took a ban but I deserved it and overall this place is run pretty well.

Mod: Thanks.

Gotcha!

1 Like

OMG IT WAS A MODERATED POST AND NOT A BAN.

OMG

1 Like

@anon29622970 look what you did by complimenting the mods lol

5 Likes

This is hilarious. I try to learn from the past and make fair decisions and still get ridiculed.

10 Likes

yeah, no, that’s not how that happened, and responding with a “lol, fuck off” in a private pm exchange is not the same as “harshly critizing the mods.” Amazing that you complain about “gaslighting,” and then proceed to gaslight.