About Moderation (old original thread)

Huh, so are my posts ITT getting deleted as a result of community flags or a mod decision.

Both.

4 Likes

Pretty sure community flags only hide posts, right? I recall way back when having a discussion over it, cause IMO hiding posts just draws more attention to them, not less.

Edit: I didnā€™t see any of the posts that were deleted in here so Iā€™m not commenting on any specific mod action here. Just commenting in general that Iā€™m a fan of deletion instead of hiding.

1 Like

And your picture of the crying baby in response was, I can only assume, Not Trolling.

1 Like

WARNING

No more mentions of past mods, teams, captains, old shit, anything like that in this thread. This is not a comprehensive list of what youā€™re being warned about.

3 Likes

Of course itā€™s trolling, but at least Iā€™m not trying to bullshit everyone about how I take the Bible seriously despite being arguably the forumā€™s most militant atheist.

1 Like

Plenty of atheists take sections of the bible seriously. Thereā€™s a lot of wisdom in it regardless of your beliefs. I donā€™t know or care what cassetteā€™s beliefs are or what he thinks about the bible.

Cassette, you were banned by Riverman I believe. I think that your post was kind of trolly but I wouldnā€™t have taken action. Anyway, it was a short ban and letā€™s just move on.

Welcome to the forum @mikelovescorgies !

Ok, thanks.

If I start an OP called ā€œItā€™s a sin to be richā€ with the goal of discussing the quote I was banned for will I be banned again?

No.

1 Like

I mean, it depends. If you try to sort posters on this forum by what you perceive their net worth is, then yeah probably. If youā€™re talking about the morality of wealth and at what point youā€™re ā€œsinningā€ or whatever, no I donā€™t think so.

Whatā€™s the deal with MikeLovesCorgies getting permabanned? Not criticizing the decision or anything, just feel like I missed or forgot whatever drama was behind that.

Gimmick makes his first post in the About Moderation thread and itā€™s trolling. Whichever one of you guys did that is lucky you did an adequate job of masking your IP address.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what the crypto thread is for.

FWIW some of those are responses to shit stirring posts that were deleted.

What makes a pile-on a pile-on? Whatā€™s bad about a pile-on?

I gave the shortest possible ban. It was obvious trolling. Still learning the mod rules, next time Iā€™ll update the mod log thread.

3 Likes

His post literally starts with a description of applying this to a ā€œposter he supports.ā€

You did not understand his reference then.

Objection, non-responsive.

1 Like