About Moderation (old original thread)

I’m sorry, did I miss the post where you agreed to that? If so, game on.

I took this to mean that you have already been ignoring me for a long time, you know, except when I “attack” you. So I thought it was funny that you suddenly decided to start responding to me today of all days.

But no, I’m not agreeing to ignore when you post lies about stuff. I’ll ignore anything else though, like your scheduling a covid vaccination advice, for example.

A shocking development!

I don’t intensely dislike anyone here.

1 Like

I would honestly rather masturbate while wearing course sandpaper gloves.

Hey I edited from “very many people” to “many people”.

You made some hyperbolic comments about me controlling your speech, accused me multiple times of not being sincere, and called me an asshole.

I feel like I’ve mostly ignored you for the past year or so. I’m willing to keep on doing that and let you post as you like. I don’t especially want to control you or for you to be banned or silenced. Moving forward, I think tighter rules on civility are worth considering as a community, but that’s going to have to be a two-way streak here.

I never accused you of not being sincere. You’ve posted like that towards me for probably five years, I don’t know, maybe it’s let up a bit in the past year? But it certainly hasn’t stopped. That sort of posting generates a lot of animosity, I know because I’ve experienced it. I don’t care what you do, and this isn’t about me. But if you actually want to lower the temperature you should not post like that towards anyone.

1 Like

Come on, man:

Honestly, I’m starting to doubt that you actually want that outcome!

Leaving aside the question of whether my criticism of your posting style has been accurate, I can make a good faith effort to continue letting you be in the interest of lowering forum drama. Gotta say I really don’t think it’s been a major source of the rancor over the past year and I don’t think I’ve impeded your ability to post unorthodox ideas in the slightest, but w/e.

This thread is a lot of people talking past each other.

The forum needs two things:

1. Retain and recruit users

and

1. Purge people who contribute nothing of substance and impede #1 above

The current cycle dooms the forum to extinction.

8 Likes

You were an unrelenting asshole towards me for literally years. My point is simple and straightforward: if you want to lower the temperature don’t be an unrelenting asshole towards anyone. Don’t be an asshole at all.

How about if you stop calling me an asshole for a bit?

You want to retain the the ability to call a troll a troll, right?

Where do we submit our lists?

I’ve already agreed to leave keed alone in the interest of lowering the temperature, seems like a very reasonable request to ask him to stop repeatedly calling me an asshole.

I can stop talking to you at all, that’s always my preference. Which is a shame because I used to like you and I think we got along fine. If you think that it isn’t fair to characterize your interactions towards me for the past five years in that way, that’s fine, but that’s how I perceived them. And now there’s tremendous animosity between us and that isn’t going anywhere. Which I think is fair to say raised the temperature. So, hey, don’t do that towards others. It sucks.

I’d prefer you stopped calling me an asshole. Is that reasonable?

Of course that’s reasonable. But my perception of how you treated me for the past five years is that you’ve been unrelentingly hostile, tried to get others to ignore me, tried to get conversations I had shut down, called me a troll. That’s the long version, the shorthand remains unchanged. I think you treated me badly and you did so relentlessly and with intention.

3 Likes

We can argue about your wildly incorrect characterization of the past few years in the bickering thread, or you can agree to stop calling me an asshole and I can agree to continue leaving you be moving forward.

Sure, what have I said that is wildly incorrect?

You’re running for mod, name names. What are you planning on doing here?