About Moderation (old original thread)

Why not just tell us? There’s no harm, right?

why would they need to announce the results?

1 Like

I don’t feel obligated to tell you, but I also don’t feel like anyone else should be prevented from telling you.

So in some cases there’s harm but not in others. Distinctions, the magical fruit.

I never said it would harm me.

I don’t know what else to call making you do something you don’t want to do.

i will always lean on the side of user privacy. if someone has an alt with 0 posts and not doing anything to harm the site there is no reason a mod would need to out them or announce it publicly. for all we know their wife/kid heard about UP and decided to create an account. or maybe they posted identifying info on one account and want to go back to posting anonymously. there is no reason a mod should stop someone from doing that by outing them.

1 Like

I don’t think it is harmful to make people get a COVID-19 vaccine when they don’t want to.

You’re equivocating on “harm.” Let’s not slide from “no harm” to “less harm than the alternative.”

Forced vaccination is clearly a harm. There’s still a question of whether the harm is worthwhile. Perhaps one harm prevents a greater harm. But that’s a different point.

harm harm harm.

ham.

ham ham hand.

1 Like

Keep in mind that I am a statist who despises libertarians, so I am hostile to the idea of letting people just do what they want.

And I’m a dumbass who hates sloppy arguments. Pay no mind.

This is my blog now. Adventures of an __ nit.

How’s the weather where y’all are at today?

You should be looking to force the mods to either protect your 2+2 identity or reveal it.

You got me. I registered and paid for a high quality VPN based in Arizona solely for the purpose of registering and voting with one account in one poll. Then I drew even more attention to it by purposely voting with another account that had my username in it. A+ detective work.

Can we move this to another thread? Seems like this has gone to a place that has little to do with moderation issues.

Did you read any of them? The current topic is ham. Any thoughts?

I don’t trust people who don’t eat ham.

New voter eligibility proposal: more than 50% of the account’s posts in the last month (with an exclusion window before the vote) must be in forums other than About Unstuck and French BBV

7 Likes

No, this is a community moderated site and discussion in About Unstuck should be encouraged.

2 Likes