About Moderation (old original thread)

No country for old men

2 Likes

Okay gimme ten

2 Likes

Would you believe I don’t own it nor have Showtime… Alternative?

Let’s go to the movie watch thread so we don’t interrupt this productive debate.

wb, ffs this place fell apart without you, never do that again.

Have we done Blazing Saddles? Feels pretty appropriate. Starts out fighting a racist villain, ends in a bunch of pointless fighting that feels really out of place and accomplishes nothing.

1 Like

You sound like you need a hug

I hope you have a dog

Fyp

1 Like

I think we had a watch party for it a while back. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t to my taste. Not that it’s bad. Just not to my taste.

The whole thing? I can get thinking the ending sucked (it did), but I love the shit out of the main body of the movie.

I don’t think it’s bad, I just wouldn’t watch it again. Unless it was Thanksgiving at your house or something. Then it would be too good an opportunity to share your love for the movie in person.

1 Like

We should watch Dune every day until the new Dune is out (welcome back RF)

Miniseries, not the David Bowie movie, ya?

You mean Sting?

Miniseries were good imo. Leto 2 was a young Professor X (Tom McCavoy), fingers crossed that the movies are successful and they get that far although it’s going to be 2035 by the time they get to Children of Dune.

Yes! Right, brain fart. Getting my blonde English pop stars crossed.

It’s like we arbitrarily decided being individually racist is the worst possible thing and then reverse engineer every time we’re insulted and slandered the worst to somehow be racist. You seem disappointed and more concerned that Jwax is labelled racist than you do of being accused, and thoroughly defended I should note, of being a fascist child murderer. Like you just subconsciously know people won’t give a shit (not here on the forum but in general) unless it’s properly labelled with an acceptably harsh label.

Wait.

That’s amazing.

Lol I am so done.

Jman,

I hope you realize that’s not a nice and decent way to be even though it’s just called “lying” and not “lyingism” or something.

1 Like

It literally started as a joke in OOT like two decades ago when [CENSORED] would infract and/or ban people on a whim.

Thinking somebody is so beneath you that they’re not worthy of typing a few words is not quite the defense Riverman thinks it is.

Huh.

crazy pills

feeding tube

right down my fucking gullet

meh, you really worked hard on that one. I don’t care about his “insult” (it’s too moronic to be insulting).

If someone yell “hey you fucker” to me I will probably have less interest than if he yells “hey you fucking jew”. Not sure that’s arbitrary as you think it is.

This wasn’t a case where I thought the meltdown was gone unnoticed. Anyone who read it realized how absurd it was and he was banned within minutes. I did want to point out that other than being remarkably moronic, attacking a person based on his nationality is racist imo. If your working theory is that it doesn’t matter, I disagree.

I was like, “Should I really really try to stress that isn’t some sort of attack on Yuv, or just not make the post at all? I mean, there’s a reasonable chance he’ll misunderstand it but what’s the worst that could happen? It’s not like he’s gonna derisively mock me at the drop of a hat.”

That’s not remotely the part I labelled as arbitrary. Like, it was a totally separate thing.

What if instead of just saying that I added, “Wow, you should have really worked hard on that one… “that one” being a basic fucking level of reading comprehension.”

How would that make you feel? Would you like that, would it make you feel really good on this fine Friday night?