About Moderation (old original thread)

Goofyballer resigned because he got fed up with your shit after he stepped in, and skydiver nearly so. The amount of antagonism you have brought against any one of us would be grounds for a permaban if we all were not reluctant to ban someone for coming at us rather than a regular poster.

As you’re well aware, Skydiver threatened to act in defiance of a community vote on the limits of mod powers. This is what got Jbro initially so riled he then went and read the whole episode, which changed his mind. When he voiced this, he was gaslit and found that experience so unpleasant he left.

Those are the facts, I’m afraid.

In ignoring my acceptance of the temp ban microbat gave me, you repeated a false accusation that any half decent person would now retract.

2 Likes

That completely omits your reprehensible and indefensible antagonism of her.

Stop lying. Jbro is a grown adult, and like Cuse and Sabo, they all left of their own accord.

Again, stop lying.

1 Like

The weirdest thing about this forum is that whenever I come to this thread for sightseeing all I see is this mysterious “view hidden reply” poster, but when I go to any other thread in this entire place I never see them. Curious.

Surely you realize ‘BUT THIS ONE TIME’ is a farcically bad response to that statement right? If you’re arguing this in good faith, then you should realize that it doesn’t overcome the multiple other problems you’ve had. You’re not suddenly in the clear because you shut up and took a ban for once.

Finally, let’s assume that you’re 100% right. Let’s assume that you are, in fact, the one who is right here. Do you truly think that you are going about convincing others in a good and effective way? Do you think you are positively adding to UP right now?

I don’t think your complaints are valid, but I think that someone could at least honestly hold those positions. What bothers me is the answers to the questions above, because the answers to those are no, and that’s what’s troubling.

You are conflating two separate episodes. I accept I could and should have taken more care in my phrasing to skydiver, and am always happy to express this regret to her, but as a (unelected) mod she should not have allowed that previous episode to colour her judgment and threaten undemocratic action to the extent it did.

If that hadn’t happened, Jbro would not have left. This is incontrovertible, and the proof is in the relevant posts and in an unsolicited PM he sent me, where he talked about having been neutered for having the temerity to question some mods, and saying sorry that it took him so long to see what was actually going on.

I’m digging the Easter Sunday passion play by Jal. Could use less whining and more self-flaggelation.

Probably not, but I have the same frustration as Jbro in trying to do that.

No and I don’t feel good about that or the number of replies to different people I have to make to prevent the mud sticking to the wall (including this one now!), but it’s contained to a Moderation thread in About Unstuck that people can easily swerve if they want.

You seem to be engaging in an honest way - re. your first (and fair) question: do you have any suggestions? I’m all ears. I had Jman on ignore for a long time only to be told in PM he was creating defamatory threads about me, so that doesn’t appear to be the answer to this incessant stalking, and clearly the mods are claiming it doesn’t happen and look for an excuse to ban me if I respond.

Risky and I had an exchange via PM before Christmas where he very kindly offered to mediate, but I was wary of the burden that might put on him and in hindsight I think that was a good decision. If someone else not obviously affiliated to either “side” offers to do the same I’d probably agree to such a generous offer.

Anyway…thanks for your interest, I’ll leave you to reply at leisure - I have other things to be getting on with.

Just lol at this whole line from @Jalfrezi. I called out his posts as racist because they were racist. Since when is calling out a racist post or poster a “slur.” It has never been in the history of this forum. And I’m sorry, but a conspiracy about Covid coming from a Chinese Lab with no evidence to back it up at best feeds into racist tropes and at worst is absolutely just racism masquerading as scientific inquiry. And the examples I gave of Jalfrezi were absolutely correct. He is rewriting history that he was somehow referring to “fish and chips” when he made a post about smelly ethnic food. And my “enlightened European” comment was about the fact that he constantly posts about how we’re all such racist boors on this side of the pond so it’s ironic when he lets the mask slip.

Hahahahaha. Oh wow

This is an outright lie. Fish n chips have been cited by my residents as being the cause of noxious odours here.

No one cares, man. Stop poking him with a stick.

3 Likes

I feel that this narrative could be interpreted as a gaslighting. As I have previously suggested, I don’t think skydiver threatened to act in defiance of a community vote. I think she acted in accordance with what has been considered the moderator’s role to try and shut down drama. Jbro described my assessment of the situation as a “false out” for sky to hide behind and I think he was wrong about that. If he thinks that being told he is wrong is gaslighting, that’s a very thin skin.

1 Like

No longer reading this thread is the single most plus ev decision I’ve made during Covid.

Carry on.

1 Like

Or it implies more than one European. Stating it as fact like that is dishonest.

3 Likes

Or it’s an obvious reference to generalized europeans. When someone says Americans are racist, no one here applies it to every American poster.

I realize he’s a friend Marty, but he’d benefit far more from solid advice to stop rather than backing him like this. Even if y’all are right, you’re doing more harm than good.

Apologies then, seemed that way.

Are you really mad enough to carry on for 3-4 days about it? Would you let it be if jman made it clear that wasn’t their intent and we can all move on from this petty as shit drama?

1 Like

PC for supreme ruler

1 Like