About Moderation (old original thread)

I didn’t notice that at all with the Led Zep or Metallica tournaments.

Not a non-zero chance of that happening, but I don’t think it’s worth worrying about.

Could take the top 64 of a pitchfork or rolling stone list pretty easily.

Rolling stone top 500 songs ever
Pitchfork top 100 of the 90s or 2000s

I’m not against something like that, but for a BANGERS tournament, I trust no one but meb to form the bracket.

1 Like

Alright let’s make it happen. I’ll start a thread for it.

2 Likes

People who need to have the last word are easily troll-able.

COVID is a bit of an unusual issue, though. It has affected society so much that some people feel that fighting COVID misinformation anywhere they see it is a mission worth going all-out on.

How much tolerance should you have for people who are wrong about COVID? Trans rights? The war in Ukraine?

Questions like this were never asked or answered when the forum started.

2 Likes

Kind of curious what song would win for 90s or 2000s here

I’d have hey ya as the 2k favorite and probably teen spirit as the 90s? Very basic choices though.

On my honor, I promise to vote based on nothing but how much they fucking BANG. There may be a MrsWookie account that votes, though, and I promise that, if they t happens, it will he her honest opinion.

Goofy isn’t in the discord?

I would 100% support doing this for a handful of threads on the site. I would trade a low threshold (like 40%) on making that the law of the land in a few given threads for an extremely high threshold for bans over like a month (say 70%).

Ideally threads about serious and important subjects - COVID, the war in Ukraine, etc, would become troll-free snark-free etc zones.

That thread is extremely important, has almost certainly saved this community a lot of sickness, and likely even saved a few Sklansky lives so to speak. Nearly 1.3M Americans have died of COVID, and most of those are adults, so roughly 1 in 200 adults has died of COVID. We’ve got a few hundred people here, and as far as we know (tough to prove), nobody died of COVID. It’s also probably made/saved people in the community a significant amount of money - how many of us pulled out of the stock market a week before it crashed?

Those are all great examples of the value of this community. I am pretty sure that over the next 20-50 years we are going to face more pandemics, more climate disasters, more wars, and various other threats to our health, wealth, and happiness. Every time we hear about them first, analyze them better, and prepare for them better, we protect ourselves.

hi anuses.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve seen Radiohead twice and would be shocked if it would win a song competition here. Fake Plastic Trees>Paranoid android, fight me

thank you mr ripdog, sir. i understand. i very much understand. very much.

sorry, lapse of judgement. apologies. good night.

I won’t fight you. That’s an elite song, too.

I don’t think this is correct victoar. Being the loudest doesn’t mean they own it. The less vocal majority own it imo.