About Moderation (old original thread)

@pocketchads

I think the current practice is to only grant perma-ban requests after a two week cooling off period.

Was there a request other than the “fuck you perma me then” post?

I don’t think so.

Is that a documented and voted on rule? Or perhaps just an obvious best practice, like for instance, not allowing brand new accounts to vote?

Eh, it’s his second time requesting. He had his cool off already.

Yes.

@j8i3h289dn3x7’s ban reduced to 2 weeks. @jman220reading silenced instead of banned.

In my opinion posting normally after a request would rescind it.

@anon10387340

I don’t know but it is how it was handled previously and I think that makes sense because a lot of things get said in the heat of serious internet business.

1 Like

@MrWookie please quote the post where d2e4 asks for a ban.

OK

This is actually his second such request.

1 Like

That is not a request for a ban. Please overturn.

3 Likes

lol

4 Likes

Maybe I missed the RFC where permaban requests don’t count if they’re directed at me? I punted to the other mods on the first one, but he seemed to be pretty serious about it by requesting it a second time.

1 Like

There could be enough ambiguity there that it would be reasonable to ask for clarification.

I really dont think that banning admittedly overly combative posters for hyperbolic posts is the way to reduce the drama here… especially since there seems to be a two week cooling off period at minimum.

Fwiw. I think wookie has followed that.

Why are you always such a prick? Unprovoked as usual.

Sorry, in which of the two times he in no uncertain terms asked me to permaban him was I supposed to have discerned that it was not, in fact, a request for a permaban, and why I not allowed to find humor in your blatant reinterpretation of his posts? And again, he’s not even permabanned, he can come back in a couple weeks and say he was just ‘avin’ a laff, and then we can lol with him.

That last post of his looks more like he was daring you to punish him with a permaban for doing things you disapprove of.

5 Likes

Showing your biases again, wookie, and making a pigs ear of it.

d2 is Russian.

1 Like

Wrong again goofy boy. D2 self described to me as Russian. I respect his right to do that.

This is exactly the level of debate they should have more of on the floor of the US Senate.

1 Like