About Moderation (old original thread)

So, you continue to deny that calling someone a “fucking hypocrite” is a personal attack? See, this is why no mod wants to bother to write up essays to allegedly placate the bullshit demands of the aggrieved. It’s just busywork that doesn’t change anyone’s mind.

1 Like

And yet you allow this shit to continue endlessly as good posters get frustrated and leave. TTHRIC

Literally yesterday

Just absolute blatant dishonesty. This defense of Marty after yesterday’s slew of posts is ludicrous. This isn’t good faith discussion, it’s working the ump. How in the hell do you think you’re actually making this place better micro?

1 Like

What? Who’s the ump?

If someone is a hypocrite, should it be bannable to point that out? If there’s a dispute over the alleged hypocrisy, should it be bannable to opine that it exists? No and no, right? So is it the intensifier ‘fucking’ that makes this over the line? Like, the reason I didn’t address the ‘fucking hypocrite’ part is that it wouldn’t have occurred to me that that would be considered banworthy. This is getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

My term is essentially done. The votes show that I’m taking at least a vacation. meb is the captain now.

Sorry, is the rule “no personal attacks” or that personal attacks are fine as long as you agree with them?

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with the rest of your post and it’s only an answer to how it will make it better for you, but I’m participating in places for people to chat which might get many of the people you hate out of your hair.

The mods and the community writ large.

This is obnoxious micro. You aren’t here in good faith. You aren’t trying to make anything better, and I know you care about this place, yet you’re burning it down.

So you’re burning the whole place down because I post here? I don’t think it’s me that is filled with hate micro.

1 Like

I never liked the rule about ‘no personal attacks’ myself (it’s too broad), but regardless, if calling someone a hypocrite is a bannable offence then we need to drop the pretence that this is a place for discussing politics. Or discussing anything, for that matter.

7 Likes

I’m sure this will put an end to the bitching and moaning!

1 Like

“good faith” is bullshit there. I never claimed a purpose here. But, I’m telling the truth.

Now this is my opinion. It’s not just for me, but for several other people. YOU fucked up this site. It has nothing to do with your posting 5 years ago. You’re the thing that changed around here bro. I’ve been here since before the beginning and so have most of the people around you.

3 Likes

I just want mods to quote or link to the post that earned the ban. Smart people can usually figure it out from there.

I thought of some really bad posts in my head and decided not to make them. I would suggest more people try that.

9 Likes

oh please, the bullshit drama predates me posting on this site and continues whether or not I post. It’s just the latest thing your crew has decided to glom onto. Good news is that, if the pattern holds, y’all will give up in a week or so.

It sure seems like, as someone who’s a relative outsider here, that these factions always existed and once the big enemy trump became less of a focus for the masses.

Let’s be honest. Mason was the big enemy who drew people together initially.

1 Like

I think everyone in this thread is more or less arguing in good faith, but some people are just wrong.

Bernie vs whoever was a bigger obstacle around here that Trump disappearing. What you’ve done is brought animosity to threads outside ATF or the who is your candidate threads, making it unavoidable, and because you’re a doctor in the covid thread you have been not just protected and defended, but people seem unable to see how much trouble you cause. We used to be able to deal with people being jerks for no reason by just pointing out that they were being a jerk for no reason, but that’s been impossible with you in a brand new way.

And it’s not just the “crew”. You’re unpleasant to StimAbuser, Bobman, ChrisV, metaname, just off the top of my head.

2 Likes

So the “truth” is the CN fucked up this site? And of course, we have to take your claim at face value that you are here in good faith and speaking for others.

Don’t you think people get tired of the schtick where you loudly proclaim it’s a proven fact that your shit smells better than anyone else’s?

1 Like

I said in my post that it was my opinion. I added that it was shared by some others, which it is.

Did you read that part or just decide to ignore and make your post anyway understanding that it would have undermined your point?

These words were literally in that post.

6 Likes

No one’s ever asked you for this, just to post in the Log what you posted in this thread above, which must have taken you all of a minute.

You being resistant to helping people understand why they were banned is suspicious.

2 Likes