About Moderation (old original thread)

What this guy said but you’re forgetting something important here

lol ikes

1 Like

He said it here, publicly. Your side sure loves to lie and distort, especially when it comes to me.

I understand the level of anger directed toward me. I violated the community’s trust and for that I can only offer another apology. If it makes you feel better, I feel pretty shitty about myself. Judging from what I read in that thread, that should make several people very happy.

1 Like

JT, man, I enjoy your posting and I want to bury the hatchet here. I don’t remember what I said about eggshells but I’m sorry if I was a dick to you. I don’t want to be beefing or whatever with you.

2 Likes

You seem really held up over the word “bickering.” It maybe wasn’t the best choice of words, but saying “bickering” over “trolling” shouldn’t ellicit multiple long, JAQing off posts.

1 Like

Seriously wild how this PM thread no one can see anymore is being made out more than it is and the people making it into that haven’t even read it lol

5 Likes

I have a message from Chad; I wasn’t sure where to post it given that there’s at least one other thread about this massive recent shitshow and multiple others about related modding / banning decisions

Can I ask a weird favor? Dumb stupid unstuck shit. I logged out Sunday night, because I am done with all of them, both “sides.” I didn’t want to leave a ragequit message. I just wanted to walk away and have everyone leave me alone. Someone I don’t want to talk to has contacted me complaining about a ban they say I made last night. And apparently they claim Jmakin leaked people’s private messages. Just tell them anything anyone says I’ve done since Sunday night is a lie, and I believe they can check this by clicking my profile and it says when a user was last seen. You can just paste this whole message if you want, and ask them all to please leave me alone. And if anyone says to anyone else “see what you’ve done” they’re missing the point.

That’s all I have, no follow-ups (other than maybe it was over this ban?).

6 Likes

I compared it to Trumpers going crazy about Fauci emails, pretty similar. I bet the majority of them did not read them either.

Edit: I’m not comparing any poster here to Trumpers. I have been guilty of chiming in on things I know little about as well.

5 Likes

Tell chad that was me who banned cassette, then. I’m not entirely sure why the forum software is saying it was him.

@6ix Hey guess what, I actually did sit and read every single post in that PM thread (after it was made public, as I’m not one of the cool kids, yanno). I saw a lot of exactly what Ao is talking about. I did see people who seemed like they genuinely wanted to improve the forum, sure, but namecalling, laughing about trolling and the reactions of people not included, etc were definitely going on.

Pretty sure the “definition of trolling” discussion is going on in the fidget thread. Posting with the sole intent of inciting heated reactions from others is the basic definition, and that’s exactly what fidget admitted to, then laughed about, then posted about how he was going to change tactics to continue trolling.

And of course the tone changed when it was made public. People don’t like to be talked about derisively behind their backs. It’s not rocket science.

4 Likes

I even read and hearted your explanation post, so this was me being dumb and not pausing for a moment before posting.

My apologies, and if it were possible I would delete or at least edit my original post.

7 Likes

Now that pocketchads has sadly quit we need a new mod I think. Given Wookie’s polarization he shouldn’t be the only active mod.

Anyone volunteer?

Again, I really don’t know why you’re doing this or what I and others have done to be treated this way, but I do, at this point desperately, want to know (desperately curious, let’s not go crazy) so I’m gonna do this in short, declarative sentences:

There is a 4hr Chillout Clock on this thread.
I first made one post.
You replied.
You used the work ‘bickering’ in that reply.
I then replied once.
I could not reply more than once, mathematically.
I mentioned you using the word ‘bickering’ in a postscript of that reply.
My point has nothing to do with the the word ‘bickering’ .
That is why I put it in the postcript.
There were zero questions in this postscript.
We can see these are facts here:

So, with these facts in place, there are three possible reasons why you would say that,

“…saying “bickering” over “trolling” shouldn’t ellicit…”

(cause and effect backwards, the ‘bicker’ part was at the very end)

“…multiple long…”

(one postscript, of one post)

“…JAQing off posts.”

(no questions asked in said postscript)

1. You can’t read for comprehension above an elementary school level.

2. You are mentally divergent to where you can’t process objective reality.

3. You are trolling me, by trying to present a reality that everybody here can easily see didn’t happen.

I highly doubt it’s 1 or 2.

You might not think you’re trolling, or even mean to. After all, you’re only focused on not answering a simple question, reiterated to make it easier to understand. But, it’s trolling nonetheless.

I can dig it, but you should tell Greg he’s also a crazy gaslighting liar then. The rubber needs to meet the road at some point:

4 Likes

He didn’t say the forum software said he did it. He said someone else complained to him that he did it.

I think this is the weirdest online interaction I’ve had since Sugar Nut on 2p2 doxxed me for saying mean things about Bayern Munich.

I wish you the best.

It’s going to be you. You and Keed need to be the new moderators. You’re the only ones who can save us.

1 Like

Keed, the guy who just did a massive troll job on the forum? Sure, seems like a good idea.

3 Likes

FWIW in the people I banned recently, one of them (I don’t recall which at this point) showed up as being banned by Chads immediately after clicking to confirm the ban, and until I refreshed the page. Then it said it was me. I took it as just a glitch or that maybe I was just seeing things. I guess I wasn’t just imagining it. Not sure how this may have impacted whatever ban notification the user receives.

1 Like

It is truly hilarious that all the people who are trying in good faith to right the ship are getting bogged down in process arguments while Fidget, Jalfrezi and the rest of the Council of Captains are all over at their new forum laughing their asses off about the fact that they have us all tied up with process arguments. Like, we’re doing the most dem thing ever getting all tied up in “But we must respect process!” In the face of a foe that just wants to burn it all down.

It’s weirder that you are going to the site to see what they are up to.

3 Likes

We need someone to do it. So, here’s what I am going to do. If no one else volunteers, then I am eventually going to start an RFC for modding Keeed. (This is not an endorsement of the idea that Keeed would be a good mod. I might end up voting against him.) I’ll give it at least a few days for people to come out and volunteer or be drafted and I might end up with an RFC proposing multiple candidates, including Keeed. So, if you hate him and want to cock-block his mod-ship, then throw your name in the hat.

2 Likes

We already had a keed mod thread and poll. He lost.

1 Like