About Moderation (old original thread)

You’d genuinely think there was a language barrier at play half the times in this forum.

1 Like

Never underestimate what a desperate need to be correct online will do to someone’s reading comprehension.

1 Like

I dunno. Maybe you could just put the onus on the user to not take it so personally?

It seems incredibly hard to believe that this is your genuine interpretation of his words, given that he has already explicitly explained himself in this thread. That’s not how I read his words, and it’s not how he intended them.

They shouldn’t take it personally. It was still a completely reasonable request, and you ignoring it was wrong.

1 Like

I mean this is the first technique from How to Win Friends and Influence People

1. Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain. Human nature does not like to admit fault. When people are criticized or humiliated, they rarely respond well and will often become defensive and resent their critic. To handle people well, we must never criticize, condemn or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.

jal’s response to the ghetto blaster incident is this in a nutshell, and yes it was incredibly stupid but it’s also human nature to dig in your heels, especially when people start throwing around accusations of racism.

It also works going the other way, Wookie’s not going to suddenly go “Well shit, I think this 10,000th accusation of bias against me might have some merit” so the endless posts criticizing his modding are just adding noise to the forum.

3 Likes

I’m asking that you read it again because his intention was not what you’re saying, and everyone who voiced an opinion in that thread was of the same mind.

FYI first he appears to call everyone on this site who isn’t a donor a leech:

Next, the quote that he’s attempted to walk back because it’s clear he’s poverty-shaming:

Is poverty-shaming an acceptable form of discourse here? It would be useful to have some consistent boundaries so we all know where we stand.

Lol dude, that’s outrageous. I have never donated to this site! I assume like 95%+ of people haven’t! I don’t even know how you do it, and have never cared to find out!

This is so, so disingenuous it would be beneath every other poster on this forum.

1 Like

You were accusing him of being a fake fan with no real interest. His retort only makes sense if he thinks you do have means that you are unwilling to spend on something you purport to have a greater interest in than he does.

1 Like

That makes zero sense. If he thinks I do have the means to pay for something why is he suggesting I should get a loan?

The only reason someone, unsolicited, tells someone else to get a loan for something they don’t have is to poverty-shame them.

…Do you actually think I suggestested you get a loan to buy a football shirt or a $6 patreon subscription? Really dude? You can’t be this disingenuous. It’s a jab because you were being absolutely ridiculous!

2 Likes

It read to me as a setup to the pun on “interest,” that your interest (in the team) couldn’t be lower.

I mean, he knows this. As I’ve pointed out before, he’s not this stupid. He’s trolling.

2 Likes

He didn’t mention the word “interest” there. Neither had I used that word.

Come on. It’s no biggie to admit you were overworked in your actual job and missed something in a spat on an internet forum.

Ghaar you made me unignore this one.

There you go, in his own words - a jab, based on poverty-shaming…on a forum that calls itself leftist, of all places.

Only going on now 6 I believe replies since I was “perma ignored.”

He had 5 replies since I first said that, and never took offense to it in that fashion until Yuv weirdly assumed that was my intention.

1 Like

Dude, it’s not a “jab” based on wealth nor income. We have said this many, many times. The most expensive thing talked about was a $6 patreon subscription.

The only way your line would make sense if I said “the only way to be a real fan is to be a season ticket holder” or something to that effect. But that’s your line! You’re the one saying to be a real fan, you have to be 50+ years old and have lived in the area and absorbed the history of the club through attending matches and being in the culture. You’re literally trying to argue both sides!

The “pretend to have you on ignore so I can make digs at you while loudly exclaiming I have you on ignore and pretend not to see your response” is classic jalfrezi.

Totally not whining guys!

If it bothers you you can always put the thread on mute and stop coming here to whine about people whining.

1 Like

It bothers me in the sense of ‘how could some person be such an entitled brat’, but I’d be lying if I wasn’t entertained by your ludicrous pettiness. Similar to watching honey boo boo I can’t turn away.

1 Like

You’ve been rumbled, son.