About Moderation (old original thread)

Yeah this + I’m almost sure Jalfrazi did not start this Chinese lab thing itt.

1 Like

In this or any thread, I started it in the Covid thread and jman started it here.

2 Likes

…do you know what projection means?

Yeah, would appreciate a mod removing that entry from the Log of Key Moderator Actions, thanks.

Thanks to those who spoke up for what they thought was right.

4 Likes

The need for a debate about the poor standard of moderation has become clearer now.

The last couple of days has seen the bias in Wookie’s moderation hit an all-time high, but on the plus side has also shown the positive effects that a new mod can have in diluting that bias

8 Likes

Again, rewrite history all you want, but that’s not what you said. You may have backtracked much later because you realized the racist veil slipped, but here’s the actual exchange:

(emphasis added)

But this is why you are so good at what you do. Because you force the people you are targeting to spend their time looking up your old posts to show that you’re a liar. And in any event this old exchange didn’t really matter, except that you are calling me out for lying (when I am not) about your past comments, as they shed light on your current abhorrent racist conspiracy theory mongering (without evidence) about the coronavirus coming from a Chinese Lab. And yes, you weren’t the only one espousing those views (honestly shocking for this forum), but I found it especially chef’s kiss that you were given your self-professed anti-racist views (except when you let that mask slip accidentally, a la “ghetto blaster” and “smelly curry.”). To the extent I said “Europeans” i later clarified I was referring to you, for the other Europeans who were offended, but I think that was one of the posts that got nuked.

And now, you’re again onto your anti-mod crusade, trying to reshape this forum and install pet mods who you think will support you or whatever. Meanwhile, this forum is dying the slow death of forum regulars departing, and you are a huge part of that. This forum is going to be down to almost no traffic within a year.

And for anyone still dying on the “lab theory isn’t racist” tree, if this outbreak had started in Israel, and people on this forum were arguing without evidence that the disease likely came from an Israeli Lab, do you really think that wouldn’t be anti-Semitic? Because that is exactly the argument being put forth about the lab in China, and it is absolutely racist to make the argument that the lab is the most likely source of the virus when there is no evidence to support that. When you are making the same damned arguments that Donald J. Trump made, it’s time to look in a fucking mirror.

Maybe you should stop this shit.

15 Likes

Sorry, I’m never going to leave racist views unchallenged, even if I’m in the minority. Racist views should always be shamed, publicly and loudly.

Oh my god no one cares.

4 Likes

This is the last time I’m going over this against your continual bad faith posts.

I said

which related to the smell of fish n chips that a lot of my neighbours love (and to be fair it’s very decent quality).

I know what goes on where I live; you don’t, so all you can do is pick up mud and throw it - it’s just the usual lies and smears.

Nowhere in there did I say anything about “curry” or any other food. Your assumption that my complaints about the smells of food in corridors came from “curry” (lol at that 1980s word by the way) are where the real racism is, and it’s one huge self-own from you.

As you say, racist views should always be shamed, so that seems a good place for you to start.

3 Likes

I try to ignore this thread. I didn’t even see that there was an issue until days later. At which point I was immediately temp-banned upon my first post in the thread and unable until today to address it. Which I did.

If an Israeli lab was doing research on exotic bat coronaviruses in close proximity to the outbreak, and all testing of local food, markets, and wildlife came up empty, and the Israeli government refused to do a good faith, open, transparent investigation? Yeah man, I’d think the lab leak hypothesis would be a pretty reasonable thing to look into, and refusing to rule it out without an extensive investigation wouldn’t be anti-Semetic. I’d demand the same for any country in the world.

But this is a pretty slick system: refuse to do an investigation on an eminently reasonable possibility, and then attack people for racism wanting to look into it because there’s “no evidence”. There’s no evidence because they won’t take the reasonable steps to investigate it! How in the world is it racist against the Chinese to want the lab leak hypothesis investigated? Tedros, head of the WHO, wants the same thing as me – a rigorous investigation into all possibilities. I assume he’s a racist as well?

Disingenuous jman is throwing out more disingenuous attacks? Wow I’m shocked, who could’ve seen this coming after the last few episodes.

At least he’s not posting dumbass memes, maybe he’s cheerleading Biden about the border somewhere

5 Likes

I’ve got to admit, everytime @j8i3h289dn3x7 mentions curry I think of Jalfrazi Curry.

Jalfrezi is a curry dish originating in Bengal and popular throughout the Indian subcontinent and beyond. It consists of a main ingredient such as meat, fish, paneer or vegetables, stir-fried and served in a thick spicy sauce that includes green chillis. Common further ingredients include peppers, onions and tomatoes. Wikipedia

It’s my favourite curry atm, alough I’d not eaten it in the past as I was always a chicken tika guy and as all the curry houses are closed I found Pataks Jalfrazi Curry mix the best one to use at home.

:+1:

4 Likes

In the original post about smells in an elevator, as jalfrezi said, there was no mention of curry or any other not-Western food. Jman did some research, but didn’t include that - with malice aforethought.

5 Likes

whispered wildlife program narrator voice

Behold…two humans who love to argue in their natural habitat, the Internet message board, endlessly sniping back and forth trying to make themselves seem superior whilst stroking their own egos…stand back kids, you don’t want them to turn their trolling toward you…

1 Like

I literally quoted the fucking post and Jalfrezi’s response to it. GTFO with this gaslighting.

You quoted catface with the curry you idiot. He was responding to a post that jal made that made no reference to curry and you left that out you liar.

10 Likes

I quoted catface’s post and jalfrezi’s response to catface’s post. Jesus Christ I’m done with responding to your bad faith bullshit. If there is one constant on these boards it is that you will always defend jalfrezi, whether he is whatabouting malaria in a discussion of covid to minimize covid, or living racist tropes about ghetto blasters, there will be microbet to rescue him!

I don’t recall Jalfrezi ever minimising Malaria - drawing attention to Malaria maybe