About Moderation (old original thread)

I haven’t said everything I want to on the topic. Of course, I think it hasn’t been discussed enough.

Yeah, I mean, who gives a shit about mod protection? You asked for feedback from people who would think about signing up for it, and PC and I both said we’d do it and we didn’t care about that at all. That it would work itself out. The rotating mod solution has mod protection built into it. Who’s going to whine and cry about a mod who’s gone in a few months? And who cares if they do whine and cry? It doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

Again gtfo with this. That poll is literally post #502 in a 700+ post thread that was made after Keed started a thread which essentially askef the questions you’re advocating for here:

He didn’t like where it was going and so took his own “strawman” poll. It was entirely in good faith I’m sure

Well, I think we should at least take one bite of the elephant, or else we’ll never finish it. Seems to me that we should establish a rule creation process, whether by RFC or whatever, to make our mod rules.

1 Like

It garnered a higher absolute number of voters than Keed’s term limits poll.

Lol pollaments

Probably because your closed Keeds thread after 92 posts and dumped on it incessantly while it was running? Maybe not though. You could just be better at the poll thing

In no particular order:

1. Keed’s poll(s) were poorly crafted and should be ignored

2. Having said that, we’d probably not want to rely too heavily on any recent poll

3. It will be tricky to craft one or more polls on which the issues are related, dependent, and conditional.

4. I know this is in the weeds, but is anyone concerned if all mods’ terms end on the same day? The next batch of mods will have nfi what to do.

4 Likes

Of course, mod terms should obviously be staggered. See meb’s proposal.

lol at comparing this to a congressional election. limits should be set on the number of terms of moderation

why?

Not if it’s not very popular.

It is

so true! thank you!

the mods shouldn’t be the ones unilaterally making these decisions on the spot. it is asking too much of them. they already perform a great and necessary service and i want to help

2 Likes

This is a good thread but please pay particular attention to a historical analogy I was trying to drive home in that thread thanks.

1 Like

The vast majority of the community disagrees with you buy keep up the fight. I guess.

The plan is to put everything up for a vote, including term length and term limits.

Right?

1 Like

How often has a mod ever been voted out of the job?

In your words, this is bullshit. In fact there were THREE mods that were followed around and trolled.

2 Likes

Lol my “side” is 90% of the forum membership.

Thanks for not answering. I’ll do the same

1 Like