About Moderation (old original thread)

Your avatar of a woman holding her nose at stinky food stated "pedophile "?

Nope.

Oh ok

I mean, I know you know the order of how things happened because you’re on the “other forum” so I’m not engaging with this bad faith bullshit.

it was the old weird guy from family guy, which I interpreted as a friendly way to make a joke out of the insult, which was kind of funny. all parties involved seemed to have calmed down about it til it started blowing up here again.

1 Like

You lost any chance to actually promote change when you continually toned police one side for the last 2 years. (And goofy no, I’m not interesting in you dredging up the handful of posts where Trolly might have tone policed the other side. Tone policing one side 98 percent of the time might as well be 100 percent.)

I can’t even keep up with my own walrus reveal over there.

I know the order is pedophile and then woman holding nose. I couldn’t imagine anyone said any avatar other than the woman holding nose was one that trolled Jal. But if they did, that’s pretty funny, and a bad look for my team

LMFAO Ok

1 Like

@goreo

Any chance you can develop an add on that lets people ignore just the bad posts? I think that would solve a lot of problems

2 Likes

Yeah I just don’t get how that was trolling Jal, or the connection between that and the woman holding her nose

I’m missing some steps here

Actually, the order was pedophile, then jalfrezi changing his avatar, then @otatop making a “lol Jalfrezi changed his avatar” post, then nothing, and then I changed mine. But you know this.

i dont fully understand either and i was paying attention

1 Like

Slow mode engaged.

Originally yes, but not for like the last 2 years

The phrase he invented and has repeated many times is “stinky ethnic food”, and is racist as hell.

Lol, typical. If ever you needed an example of which “side” cares about the forum, and which side is just here to lol at the place burning down, here it is.

1 Like

FFS just heavily moderate the bickering and watch these people disappear. We’ll be fine.

This isn’t to single anyone out, it’s just a good example of past animus causing an otherwise innocuous post to be read with ill intent.

Sabo could have made that thread as a way of shit stirring but it was also an actual thread that needed to be made under the old rules (nominations lasted 3 days and then the vote lasted 7 so really the thread for the September 1, 2022 mod nominations should have been opened on August 20th or so) and no one else remembered to make the thread. If literally anyone else had started the thread it probably would have just sat silent for 3 days and then been closed but because Sabo started it we instead got a separate thread that lead to some fighting and also contained a poll ending mod rotation.

The forum now has 5 mods (one hasn’t visited the site in over 2 months but we’ll still count them), with no plan or procedure to add more when any of us step down. I’m sure we can probably get by with some kind of nomination thread as needed but if things are getting shitty enough mods are quitting no one is going to willingly volunteer to take that over.

3 Likes

:vince2:

Yeah, and by that you mean, “heavily moderate the people I disagree with but don’t you dare moderate me and my friends.” Just moderate everybody the same and I’m on board.

1 Like