About Moderation (old original thread)

OK nvm, my bad.

It was a shortcut to the end. Done after another mod reversed their bans. Ultimately this is better for them. When you guys demod me they can come back on a new account with a clean slate.

Sorry that I anonymized the account of two people who have actively sought to wreck this forum.

At the end of the day @Yuv and @clovis8 are the people to blame. I stated clearly during my entire mod campaign that I would be issuing lengthy bans and was approved. I gave both of them advanced warning of those bans and told them I would respect the decision of the forum to reverse them or demod me if they disagreed. They escalated things from there by yuv reversing the bans and Clovis attempting to threaten me. Which led to me deciding to escalate the situation in response by anonymizing the two accounts.

He said he was going to drop a handful of bans and a ton of people voted for him. So it’s hard to take seriously the take that nobody wants him to ban anyone. I mean, shit, even a few anti-ban people voted for him. They must have convinced themselves the bans would go the other way.

I don’t know how it’s been memory holed by so many people, maybe it’s just a product of the times we live in where it’s one existential crisis after another in real life and a few years ago feels like 20 years ago, but we basically tried that for a while. It wasn’t any better, may have been worse. It certainly led to lots of derails in lots of threads.

I mean, he was de-adminned, self-banned before he could be temp or perma banned, stayed away a long time, and has returned and isn’t going to be admin again. He is incapable of repeating the offense and has been punished. Why can’t that be enough? I’m not saying you have to like him, but him posting without stirring up drama seems fine. He’s not an ongoing disruption/problem.

It was 65-23.

2 Likes

Imagine Tame Deuces sifting through 100s of posts in a couple hour period from a handful of sick degenerates arguing about what others posters post and reaching the conclusion that a better strategy is to allow more folks to post.

3 Likes

Can I nominate myself for mod? My platform is that I will be drunk most of the time, when I can be bothered to be here, and will make arbitrary, whimsical decisions without any agenda whatsoever. None of this “sides” bullshit.

Given the alternatives, I think you guys would do well to vote for the “dipso troll” party in this spot.

2 Likes

Yes you can for the next cycle!

It’s looking like the next cycle might be next week…

Look for the next nomination thread in late August.

I jest, I jest. I’m not sure I could handle the responsibility.

1 Like

The best mods were the ones that don’t do shit, so you’ve got potential to be great, imo.

2 Likes

@admin @ggoreo @spideradmin

Please demod me.

Thanks

He said he was going to drop a handful of bans including people from both sides. That isn’t what he did, and it’s disingenuous to suggest that he just did what he said he was going to do.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’ve caught up on everything, but I did detail the process of how this happened.

Yeah, you changed your mind from what you campaigned on. Which means all these people saying that you only did what you said you were going to do are lying. Which is what I’m pointing out.

So you would be happier if I had gone through with including you and CN?

CN is useful. If you were going to ban members of both sides to try to make people happy, you should have banned Trolly.

Nobody from either side cares if Trolly gets banned.

1 Like