About Moderation (old original thread)

There is a very simple answer to your question, but neither you nor anybody else here is going to like it.

It’s because I’m an alcoholic. I post here for entertainment when I’m drunk. Currently, I’m about 3 bottles of wine in.

6 Likes

Damn, that’s not healthy.

Some companies in Japan used to have a basement with an effigy of every manager and baseball bats to be used whenever.

Actually, it’s about 15 if we count all the days since Christmas. But who’s counting?

A appreciate that, I do. I’m also open to suggestions of how this works in here., coz I’m not entirely sure that random people on the internet are really going to be able to fix this one.

2 Likes

Que lol?

A thread here…

has a couple of posters in a similar predicament if you read through it just a little.

gl dude.

5 Likes

Maybe he wouldn’t be such a funny fucker if he’d had some pointers.

Inappropriate timing but if you read the last few posts in the alcohol thread, obviously I can relate. (With both you, and your buddy’s dick/headquarters.)

I don’t know if it’s just a Christmas thing but if not 3 bottles of wine a night, every night is an early grave for most people.

Yeah, I do about 3-4 bottles a week and sometimes randomly go weeks to a month without any and still worry that I drink too much. 3 bottles every night would concern me. (Probably also bankrupt me)

Yup.

Put it this way… a bottle of whisky has only a bit more alcohol.

An old friend’s BIL who owned a pub was drinking one slowly every day while watching the rugby on TV upstairs.

After a few years he was referred to a hospital after complaining of internal pains, and when they opened him up to examine him they found he was rotting away inside and there was nothing they could do to save him.

And also consider the sky high levels of cirrhosis that France had (still has?) due to daily wine drinking.

Feeling somewhat guilty about typing that out while I tuck into another bottle of Presecco.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ what is wrong with ALL of you.

This is literally the dumbest thread on the entire site.

I can tell you’re not a like-minded soul. It’s “Prosecco”.

Regardless, look, everyone, thanks, but not trying to quit. Zarapochka has it right. I was just answering a question, maybe a tad too honestly.

It’s not 3 bottles every night, I’d die. But it has been that for the last few days. And I do take days off. I remember when I was in my mid-20s, about 15 years ago, I did one of those wanky online tests, something along the lines of “put in what you drank every night for the last week”. I think I almost broke the thing, mine came to about 120 units or something. Not 24 any more though, and jal is right, I’d be dead if I carried on like that. I quit vodka for wine at the age of about 25, though.

Just to be a nit about it, a bottle of whisky is 750ml at 37.5%. A bottle of wine is 750ml at 12.5%. 3 bottles of wine is basically a bottle of whisky.

Jesus man, why be like this? Have a bit of fucking humanity. Or the sympathy extends to only abstract victims of injustice, not your fellow posters?

2 Likes

You’ve told that before and it always stuck with me.

I used to drink two bottles a night, but it was for a limited period of a few months (I think anyway).

2 Likes

Well ok, you’re just having a Christmas piss up. No big deal. My 25th birthday (fortnight really) was far worse than this.

And yes, I’m not usually a Prosecco drinker but we were given a case and it would be rude not to demolish it.

1 Like

No, dude. I’m a real alcoholic. I’ve just out-done myself for Christmas.

About a year ago, someone I knew died. She was smart, funny, 40 or so I think. Everybody knew she liked a drink down the pub, not many people knew she was also doing a bottle of vodka at home.

Ironic thing is, she died because she wanted to quit and went cold turkey, and some underlying heart condition gave out. Airlifted to hospital, then, dead. Life’s a bitch, huh?

1 Like

Few days ago I was basically done with all the nice Scotch I bought a couple of weeks ago. OK got to get my shit together. Going to take the rest of December off and not drink at all in January. Later that day I got a belated Christmas present from my dad delivered to my house:

4 Likes

Right, stuff like that keeps one drinking.

Better to jump into the fire than fear being burned.

For some reason I’ve always envisioned a pantry of potato vodka.

Another data point in my big book of evidence that all the Irish are funny fuckers.

sees dozens of new posts in About Moderation

“Jesus fuck, who is stirring up shit this–”

a bunch of alcoholics having an impromptu recovery discussion

tenor (13)

9 Likes

Well at least you’re not in denial about your alcoholism so it’s up to you if you want to tackle it.

Even at my worst (which was extremely bad) I could always leave it for a week or a month if I wanted to, and sometimes did.

Also, 3 bottle of wine are probably not nearly as bad for you as a bottle of whisky even if the alcohol content’s the same because of the large amount of water it contains. Spirits really are the worst.