Abolishing the Police

The 3rd precinct was a planned abandonment. The cops left it to be burned down.

1 Like

@bestof

2 Likes

Iceland

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1268617093106282497

16 Likes

Oh, I bet you read a lotta Gordon Wood, huh? You read your Gordon Wood and you regurgitate it from a textbook and you think you’re wicked awesome doin’ that, And how 'bout 'dem apples? And all that Gordon Wood business.

1 Like

Alright waaayy to many very liberal white guys are trying too hard to be allies on FB and basically giving that Candace Owens video respect because its coming from a black woman and they don’t know much about Candace Owens.

Can someone smarter than me write up a dunk on this dumb shit so I can pass it off as my own?

I can handle it; I just have some (what I think are) sensible concerns about the proposal.

Such as “How would driving look?” Absolute chaos? Complete absence of speed limits, red lights and one way signs?

Framing these concerns as analogous to “How will you pay for it?” doesn’t seem fair.

And again, I want to get to your side. If you can point me to a chapter long article on how driving looks in the abolished police world, I’m happy to read it.

1 Like

So, reform the police but with a worse slogan?

I liked the “repeal and replace” suggestion someone gave above, maybe with a “we’ll have the best law enforcement after we repeal.” or “Our law enforcement will be so great, it will be the envy of the world.”

Dems gotta learn, specificity is the the enemy of political communication.

1 Like

Can’t do it dude, fuck her, maybe just link them to her comments about where hitler went wrong was thinking he had to take over the world, if he just wanted to make germany great it woulda been fine

“Eurofy the police!”

When I was a little kid I lived in Barstow in the California desert and outside of town there were no speed limits. I’m not an absolutist about no rules, but people are absurdly afraid of Anarchy.

Eta: that might have been near Hawthorne Nevada in the desert, I lived there there when I was a little kid too.

1 Like

“Repeal and replace”. Gotta include the replace part.

1 Like

Are you saying that you don’t run red lights because of the cops? Come on! Just run them! The chances of them catching you are tiny, and even then it’s just a fine. Also, on the one way streets, here (Paris) it’s well known that if you reverse down a one way street you’re golden. Car’s still pointing the right way, isn’t it? Never seen any issues apart from the odd sarcastic post on reddit. I mean, keep an eye out and stay safe, cars are dangerous, but you’re not stupid, so I dunno why I said that.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for the response.

1 Like

Chain gangs of ex cops?

1 Like

For those in favor of repealing police, Ezra Klein and Ta Na-Hieshi Coates had a decent discussion of the general notion on the latest Ezra Klein show. (Was like 5 mins of an hour show.)

Sure that might work in very rural places.

Do you think that would work in places like LA or Boston or Atlanta with a shit-ton of traffic?

just move to another country dude

On the rogan podcast linked today, the cop said there is one, if any, traffic cop in Baltimore or large urban cities. They are looking for drugs or guns and expected to produce arrests. Not my words.

1 Like

yeah, it’s your country.