Abolishing landlords -- it's well past time

Dude, nobody said absolutely all of what’s popularly called econ isn’t legitimate science. SMH.

The above is legitimate econ science. The gibberish that the Mr.Econ smarty-pants Brigade have been trained to spew is not.

But let’s get back to that poll I posted above.

• As your posting testifies, you certainly believe that econ is legitimate science.
  • Those very same econ scientists believe Geogrism >>> our pre-pandemic status-quo.
  • So, therefore, you should believe that Georgism >>> too.

QED… it seems to me. What am I missing here with you?

Do you honestly not understand the difference between soft and hard science?

Hint. It’s not because one is better than the other.

LOL dude, I haven’t mentioned “soft”, or “hard” at all ITT. SMH. Where to you get this shiz ???/? Anyways…

But let’s get back to that poll I posted above.

• As your posting testifies, you certainly believe that econ is legitimate science.
  • Those very same econ scientists believe Geogrism >>> our pre-pandemic status-quo.
  • So, therefore, you should believe that Georgism >>> too.

QED… it seems to me. What am I missing here with you?

This seems like a pretty bad take to me.

I Get It Token

Yeah he’s got a slew of them

LOL you need to grow up

Not at all.

The gibberish that the Mr.Econ smarty-pants are trained to spew is prescriptive. It purports to tell us what to do. Which is, of course, the purpose of propaganda. By contrast, legitimate science is descriptive, it purports to describe what is.

Prescriptive so-called science isn’t real science because either (a) it isn’t based on empiricism at all, or (b) when it claims to be based on empiricism, it is committing an is-ought, a form of logical fallacy.

He is super pro science and never said economics isn’t a science though.

It’s always easy to find the feeble-minded in an online debate. They are the ones responding to every post with a meme.

I think your persistent failure to engage in anything resembling good faith precludes any of this being termed ‘a debate’.

You realize I literally never engage you first. You start this every time. I’m in a discussion with someone else that has absolutely nothing to do with you yet you can’t resist jumping in to point out you don’t like me. Over and over again. You can just ignore me if you hate me so much you know

Exactly who do you imagine you are in a discussion with ITT?

If I start calling you names again, will you go away again?

Oh, I don’t just mean me, you’re bad-faithin’ it up all over the shop.

You call everyone names. I’m not special in that regard.

So, will you go away?

Anyways, I made a meme for you…

To be more accurate to your actual worldview it should say “reject what economists say unless it confirms your preexisting worldview”.

I havnt given up on you quite yet as I did learn a few interesting things from this thread when you are not calling people names.

Anyway, I hadn’t voted in your poll mostly because I wasn’t familiar with the Georgist line of thought. Now that I am I have no idea what you are trying to say when you claim economist think it’s better than our pre-pandemic status quo.

He has one quotation from one famous now dead economist stating that such a system would minimize distortions. Thus he assumes that “econ scientists” must be in agreement that this system is superior to modern systems and anyone who has ever made any argument based on economics must agree that Georgism is the superior system. Case closed.

I’ve never asked you to explain my world view to me. SMH.

Saying interesting things and name calling aren’t mutually exclusive. Example: “The Cubs played their 1918 World Series at Comiskey Park, … asshole !!!1!.” The factoid remains just as interesting (or not) with, or without, the anal reference. Anyways, as I’ve pointed out above, several (but not all) of your comments ITT have been objectively stupid.

Well, I simply quoted an excerpt of today’s Wikipedia on Georgism. That excerpt seems pretty straight forward and I feel directly addresses these issues. I mean, there’s a long and dismal quote from A.Smith from Wealth of Nations in there (which I edited it out as a mercy to the lurkers)…, for goodness sake.