A Call to Ban NotBruceZ for Consistently Endorsing Violence

It’s been noted before that some of these posts are taken extremely out of context. you are doing it again.

Cuse definitely shouldn’t be getting demodded for this. NBZ’s posts are definitely over the line to the extent that they deserve a 24 hour ban. A perma is a bit dubious, but he’s been warned repeatedly and ignored it so it’s probably justifiable in a legalistic sense.

All the cuse hate in this thread is way crazier than cuse calling for banning NBZ. NBZ is way closer to a ban than cuse is to any kind of malpractice as a mod.

10 Likes

Starts at about post 211.

Cosigning all of this.

3 Likes

No that’s fine, I should have clarified that my entire post wasn’t directed at you beyond that context really. I don’t think you condone violent rhetoric, but it looks like a significant chunk of the community wants to, which I think is a shame.

But I think one of the issues here is that people are seeing one or two posts OUT of context and think I’m overreacting, whereas I’m seeing most of the posts that get flagged and then keeping an eye out and noticing the pattern that’s been going on for months. That’s why I wanted to point out the context.

I think you’re ninja editing as I quote-reply so I’m not sure how this is going to turn out lol…

1 Like

This is a good post. We really should have clear lines. This subjective bullshit is terrible. This entire thread is tiresome and terrible. Imagine having to do this every time we ban a troll.

How much drama would it start if I created a thread tomorrow suggesting we IP ban Nunn (because he’s got at least one alt account already bandwagoning him most of the time) because he’s a terrible poster who ruins threads? Probably a lot?

That wouldn’t be good, but in a subjective way I think it would be justified. Let’s not have subjective conversations about crime and punishment. Let’s have clear simple rules that can be understood by an eight year old and then enforce them. Way way better.

That’s not entirely fair. Cuse is the one who has made this a referendum on his remaining a mod.

3 Likes

I believe there may have even been a proposed rule at the start of the thread that’s quite reasonable and is something most would agree to. It just so happens to apply to Bruce’s current situation :smiley:

Look at what he’s said. I went back through his posts in a search a month or so ago when I compiled the list, so I didn’t see the context of all of it. For a lot of it, it doesn’t matter. He’s not being sarcastic, he says he genuinely believes what he says, he wants us to use more militant rhetoric, he wants to use ethnic cleansing language, etc…

How out of context would that have to be for it to be okay? There’s no context I can come up with other than sarcasm in which it would be okay.

Right, he’s kinda putting the rest of us in a really shitty position.

1 Like

The “hate” is making this (quite frankly) obnoxious thread in an attempt to rally the community together against a guy, who honestly has the eyebrow raiser every now and then, but otherwise is a solid contributor. Then the community speaks (TWICE) and he makes a unilateral action. It’s absurd to me to handle it this way. I said last time we need to establish as a group some rules. I suspect, however, that whatever you guys come up with I will strongly disagree with.

I am trying very hard not to make a take my ball and go home post but this discussion has deeply affected how I will approach this site in the future. The mental health posts in particular have caused me to withdraw my monthly support for the site. Those posts are disgusting and you should be ashamed for making them. You are the reason there is a mental health stigma and why I have to hide my problems from literally everyone.

Bottom line, I do not think this group is very inclusive at all, clique-ish, and probably will not be able to grow without some major changes. It’s not really something I desire to be a part of. Not that anyone will cry over it, but I want to make my voice heard before someone makes another unilateral decision.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s part of the reason I was a little reluctant to be a mod in the first place. I don’t think it’s fair to the mods or the community to be doing it the way we are. On the other hand, we’re a pretty good ways into this social experiment and have exactly one poster causing a major problem.

If so that’s him being a drama queen and very annoying. I’m more interested in demodding him over that poll than I am over the NBZ stuff lol.

This obviously. The 20 or so people who care enough to create forum standards should do so. Everyone else needs to just live with the results.

While I argue with nunn a ton, I would not support banning him, I don’t think he’s come anywhere close. Also to my knowledge he does not have an alt account.

Opinions differ. I can name at least ten and they all have the same name.

You are creating a false dichotomy. The community very well could disagree with your banning of him but also not care enough to demod you. I don’t think it’s fair for mods to do stuff all the evidence suggests the community doesn’t support, then say it’s okay because the community hasn’t done the work of stripping mod powers.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not kidding about Riskyflush being a nunn alt lol. I absolutely believe it.

I mean, that’s one way to put it, and it’s a fair enough interpretation. I’m just not willing to be a leader/mod in a place that wants to tolerate NotBruceZ’s type of rhetoric.

So when someone says…

That’s not really my goal. I would argue that NotBruceZ has put me into a shitty situation by making zero effort to tone it down, and instead basically doing the opposite.

You have repeatedly accused me of shaming people over mental health. I have no idea what you’re referring to, and as someone who has dealt with mental health issues that have hit very close to him, I take great offense to baseless allegations like that.

I’ve been clear and transparent. If you want me out as a mod, start a poll.

I’m not sure what you mean by this.

Which is why you only need 34% of the community to agree to demod me. Or maybe less, you can start a thread about what the threshold will be and you may get it down to 25% or 10%, who knows?

There is only one account from nunn’s IP, for whatever that’s worth.

I’m not sure which post you’re referring to? The one about an escalating series of bans?