2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

Wait, someone actually reads the replies to all those campaign texts?

Not one single persuadable voter watched or cares about the VP debate. They do however listen to call her daddy and Howard Stern.

1 Like

I click ā€œReport Junkā€ then ā€œDelete and Report Junkā€ on the mass texts. The ones that are like ā€œHi, itā€™s Joe with the blah blah blahā€ I just ignore.

If you are betting on Bovada you are almost certainly a losing sports bettor. Those people are just naturally going to trend deplorable. Itā€™s basically a site for GREEAR types.

4 Likes

yeah Iā€™ve responded to a couple of them, mostly to tell them to go fuck themselves and that buying my phone number from act blue is a great way to make sure I never fucking donate to any democrat ever again

Ok sure but literally every book on earth has moved.

Also I think itā€™s strange you are talking about persuadable voters as if they exist. This is (as always) about turnout and what we are seeing is an enthusiasm shift which is what is concerning. Kamalaā€™s campaign had been fine but has struggled to get a lot of big traction recently. Stern and podcasts mattering more than thw VP debate for normies is one hell of a hot take. Neither matter much imo.

Fear sells. Sometimes itā€™s justified and sometimes it isnā€™t. Inflation. Crime. COVID. Global warming. Immigration. Democracy dying.

ā€œThings are fineā€ can never compete with ā€œthings are going to hellā€ in the media.

1 Like

100% this and there have been events that are feeding into this like the hurricanes. FEMA being short on funds AND some trivial amount of money being used on undocumented immigrants is an easy sell to the fearful that somehow Kamala siphoned off all the FEMA money and now people in the SE are screwed. It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s true at all. People donā€™t understand the difference between millions and billions and the fact it has some very minor factual cover and is 99% bullshit doesnā€™t matter at all.

Meanwhile the Dems let Trump off the hook for a myriad of crimes including trying to overturn the last election. How can anyone not paying attention think itā€™s that serious if they canā€™t even pull off a politically motivated consequence. People donā€™t understand the Dems did this out of cowardice because the narrative to many is that they are radical communists.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never really understood this claim. There were a significant number of Obama-Trump voters, and I assume (although Iā€™m having trouble finding evidence one way or the other) that there were a significant number of Trump-Biden voters in 2020.

What makes you say there arenā€™t persuadable voters out there? Do you mean that no one who voted for Trump in 2020 is going to vote for Harris in 2024? Or do you mean that at this late point in the election cycle, there are no remaining persuadable voters left? The latter seems more plausible, but I still donā€™t think itā€™s accurate for low-info and relatively unengaged voters.

6 Likes

In two more series, he could be a huge winning type.

(but how much did he lose?)

Iā€™m a little concerned about the far-left contingent who wonā€™t vote for ā€œgenocidalā€ Harris. Hopefully Iā€™m just terminally online and itā€™s a very small faction of otherwise Dem voters, but we saw how slim the margins were four years ago.

from what i can tell, every book follows poly for the most part

Her biggest problem with that will be in Michigan. I wouldnā€™t characterize that as a ā€œfar-leftā€ problem.

Update: found this:

How much of the movement is due to the repotting of Polymarket moving right? Im not trying to unskew anything here, but it seems to be a ā€œfollow the leaderā€ type deal witha bunch of rubes likely getting fleeced. Ties in a bit to what we were talking about in another thread on the mediaā€™s coverage producing perceptions

1 Like

I canā€™t speak for Wichita but this is approximately how I feel about it. More precisely, there are an insignificant amount of undecided voters who will be swayed by statements like "Iā€™m going to put a republican in my cabinet etc

People change their votes, but I bet the influences on that are more gradual and are more likely to be from friends and family than from Dems catering even more to the right

3 Likes

Yeah agreed with this. The idea that ā€œOctober surprisesā€ cause some big shift in voting is absurd to me. We can all bitch about Comey in 2016, but what really sunk Hillary in October was not spending every cent she had in GOTV measures in the rust belt. Simple as that.

1 Like

Dude has his Jordan Klepper voice down pat.

I thought ChatGPT wouldnā€™t answer political questions like that?