2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

18 years, 2 per prez term. How is that “court packing”?

https://x.com/JoelWeingart_/status/1817557211146604637?t=veslCLE5T9c19lWnnqwd4w&s=19

5 Likes

it’s not

I’m saying that court packing will be 1000x easier than doing biden’s plan, not that biden’s plan will make court packing easier

actually it’s probably 1000000x easier

1 Like

Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can’t explain that

4 Likes

The issue with court packing is that it feels inevitable that after a few administrations with alternating parties, there’ll be hundreds of justices and it’ll start to resemble the Senate chamber on Coruscant.

3 Likes

It’s nice to see good polls but I don’t trust any of them right now. Seems like any real polling, that isn’t just shock based, is a week or two out.

Yeah but the issue with term limits is they require a constitutional amendment so good luck with that. Court packing just requires passing a law. There’s also the extremely easy option of Biden going out there and saying “John Roberts has made his ruling, now let him enforce it” and proceeding to do whatever the fuck he wants. There’s obviously more risk in options 2 and 3, but there’s also a ton of risk in letting a lawless Supreme Court make blatantly unconstitutional rulings unchecked for the next few decades.

Thanks.

Couple more questions.

1. I think I have heard that taking the leave is mandatory. Is that the case? If so, what is the enforcement mechanism?

2. Is it possible to double dip? Can someone take the paid leave and then work a different part time job (possibly from home) while they are on leave? If possible, do people actually do it? If not possible, how is it prevented.

I don’t believe that court term limits require a constitutional amendment, but changes to presidential immunity do.

Article 3 Section 1 disagrees:

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

1 Like

That’s fine. Harder to bribe 45 people than 2

6 Likes

Court size in not in the constitution. Lifetime appoint is AFAIK.

2 Likes

White Dudes for Harris Zoom is tonight 8 pm et

1 Like

They’re predicting 100K participants by tonight. I was a little worried that we’d wind up as a tiny fraction of the size of the women’s group calls, given that white dudes seem to suck.

1 Like

Who says their women aren’t standing over them making them dial in?

(Ba-dum-dum)

1 Like

My wife is a huge Mayor Pete fan and is gonna want to listen in, but I’m gonna pull the “shhhh, men are talking” line and shoo her away.

8 Likes

Comic relief. The Rove thing was seeing our enemies driven before us and hearing the lamentation of their hamsteaks.

https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1817895161549963662?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

3 Likes