2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

Trying to win over some of the MAGA crowd.

1 Like

I understood something like he fucked Stoltenbergā€™s wife over by asking him to extend his stint as NATO SG? Stoltenbergā€™s term finishes end of September though so not sure.

I think heā€™s extremely confident that Trump has it in the bag and he wants to appear to be a good soldier so he can be the next man up in 2028.

Big day today. Hopefully Biden has a disasterous press conference to increase the pressure on him even more to drop out.

1 Like

100% lying prick. You donā€™t need to be a poker player to read this guy.

1 Like

Not in this timeline. He will do a bare bones cromulent job just enough to drag this out to where it wonā€™t matter anymore.

I hope Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

At least a 5% chance that he declares that he, and he alone, can defeat Reagan.

5 Likes

Trumpā€™s going to walk into office to cooling inflation and rate cuts and be godking forever.

Almost everyone constantly complains about the Fed but theyā€™ve done an objectively great job this cycle.

2 Likes

Ya. The last thing we want is for the fed to be under more political control. That would be disastrous.

will be disastrous, next year.

1 Like

Iā€™m still holding out some delusional hope. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Canā€™t wait for a world where Trump raises rates to 15% because some guy who may be Q tweeted that a Chinese alien monster is exploiting the US treasuring to gain access to its gold stash.

1 Like

Trump is levered to the tits in real estate, hes more likely to make interest rates negative than anything else

Itā€™s funny, I was just having this conversation with someone at work. They were expressing this feeling that the recent inflation spike was a sign of Central Bank failure and I was all like au contraire mon frere if you read the history of inflation crises what we have just gone through, as painful as it was, is going to be a model example of an orderly approach to managing inflation. Lots of people suffered economically in the last few years from inflation, but boy oh boy if you look at what happened in uncontrolled historical inflation events the poor people got absolutely wrecked by the economic upheaval. Central Bank activities are easily villainized by populists (on the right and the left) and I understand and even sympathize. But there isnā€™t really a proper accounting for what happens if Central Banks allow inflation to go unchecked.

3 Likes

REPUBLICANS ARE GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY!

My longshot pick is that he refers to George Clooney as a ā€œJive Turkey.ā€

2 Likes

So itā€™s Thursday. The ā€œJoe should quitā€ discourse hasnā€™t dissipated, but it also hasnā€™t gained much momentum, if any at all. The longer this goes on the safer he becomes, failing a big event. If calls for him to step down remain at this level I donā€™t think heā€™s going anywhere.

1 Like

Yep, weā€™re converging on a classic Democrat party half measure. Not enough to actually replace him with a more attractive candidate, but enough to damage his own campaign possibly beyond repair.

6 Likes

Do what, lose?

5 Likes