2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1815435361578868736?t=-meyZab6imQceIeX025buw&s=19

https://x.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1815504841894203896

This is pretty good. Oh ffs.

Perfect cutoff twitter preview!

6 Likes

If Trump calls Kamala a bitch, he’s at 300 EV’s easy.

(And nobody can credibly call Trump a liar in this instance)

:grin:

of course it’s the afterglow and long way to go but it’s so great how hyped everyone was after the announcement, like a half million people gave to kamala yesterday, most of them new donors. Crazy how the tone can change when you don’t run a candidate born in a pleistocene tar pit

imo election isn’t going to be about flipping moderates so much as mobilizing the base, and the main issue with low-turnout voters is abortion/choice. There will be a zillion op-eds about swing voters but easier path to victory is turning out low-propensity black women / black communities & suburban white women. I wanted a primary and my favorite was Whitmer but timing didn’t work and Kamala is very solid for this moment. Of course it’s a demented system but in this system the whole shebang is prob coming down to who can mint ~10-80K new voters in like five states; expanding the vote is way more cost efficient and durable than persuading voters.

Also natural to worry about DEI DEI DEI seeing as how we live in a bigoted tire fire but there’s still a big pool of POC nonvoters in the key states. I keep reading there’s a big voter registration gap in a lot of these states, but that the registration programs don’t really get rolling until September, so, something to work on.

Kamala is pretty good on all the above and she really opens up NC which is big. I’m pumped. I guess we won’t quite turn Texas blue this year but if we ever do then I’d bet on the American Troubles to start by like noon the next weekend

7 Likes

That’s what I hear. I’m glad they have their safe space.

The other comments say stuff like they’re already mad someone will call them racist for not voting for her, then go on to say she’s only in this position due to DEI.

Is that a man or a woman?

https://x.com/ExistentialEnso/status/1815225364202840391?t=5oaDXfgZNiQnX0isTrwkWA&s=19

18 Likes

can we ban this mfer already? It’s bad that he’s trolling but unforgivable that he is literally never funny

17 Likes

Huh?

It was a serious question.

I thought the pic itself was a troll post

Fornicating with Speaker Willie Brown certainly helped her career, too.

Making the election a referendum on who the candidates have fucked isn’t exactly a great path to go down for your rapey epstein island loving cult daddy.

2 Likes

Go for it, bro! I understand the importance of protecting safe spaces like UP, so no hard feelings if I get banhammered.

I couldn’t agree more. But it explains why Kamala can’t really go that route either.

Can’t find a source for what King is saying. I’ll eat my hat if Trump legit skips this. But maybe if he does Kamala can just do a town hall. Or better yet get her on Hot Ones. She’d make a great guest.

1 Like

No, you’re being a misogynist moron and an apologist for rape and pedophilia.

1 Like

I certainly disagree with your characterization of me.

That said, by what knowable, universal, objective, absolute, non-arbitrary and unchanging standard is it wrong to be a misogynist, a rapist or a pedophile?

Thank you.

beat it nerd

1 Like

Thank you for providing still more evidence for my “UP is primarily a support group/safe space for disgruntled Liberals” theory.

Have a good night.

addendum: And how can I both be a “moron” and a “nerd?” They seem to me to be mutually-exclusive categories.

I said beat it nerd

1 Like

Am I a “nerd” or a “moron?” Please make up your mind. Seems to me they’re mutually-exclusive categories.