2024 Republican Primary Thread: Haley drops out

Not Onion:

1 Like

These Onion articles sure do make me giggle!

1 Like

Omg lol at thinking any of trumps voters give a flying fuck about any of this

Although the GOP remains Trump’s party, those around Pence see his distinctions from Trump as an asset.

Pence’s forward-looking approach and emphasis on party unity, they hope, will in time look better to Republican voters than Trump’s vindictiveness and refusal to rise to the moment.

Last weekend, one person close to Pence noted, Trump met briefly with police and firefighters in New York – skipping the official commemorations of the 20th anniversary of 9/11 attended by other former presidents. Trump then spent that evening calling a series of pay-per-view boxing matches in Florida.

Aides pointed to a different schedule for Pence, starting with a rededication of Indiana’s 9/11 memorial. The same weekend, Pence met with the family of Daegan Page, a Marine who was one of the 13 US service members who died in a bombing during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, during a trip to Omaha.

1 Like

I totally agree with you but one thing that we see every Presidential election cycle is consultants lying their asses off to potential candidates about their chances of winning. Consultants will try to convince the person to run because the consultants only make money if the person runs. When they say “those around Pence see his distinctions from Trump as an asset”, they are referring to Pence’s political consulting team that tells literally everyone that can pay their consulting bills that all their attributes are “assets”. It’s a damned lucrative gig to make your money convincing narcissists that the public really truly loves them. Then when that person gets 3% of the vote in Iowa (if they even make it that far) the consultants pack up their laptops and make a list of candidates / marks for the next time.

7 Likes

DESANTIS DELIVERS!

1 Like

I’m actually kind of impressed. The guy can have the Florida legislature spit out his culture war legislation in days. Repeatedly.

1 Like

I think he can beat Trump in a primary. He’s so fucking good at this.

2 Likes

Not a chance.

1 Like

Trump did almost bupkis from an actual legislation perspective. Getting up and talking a big game matters far more to the cult, and I don’t think DeSantis has that.

DeSantis is going to be the next president.

1 Like

After trump.

Nah, I’m with Riverman. DeSantis is more savvy and hungry than Trump is; I 100% see him winning the primary. Look how he’s always signing bills targeting the latest trending culture war derp.

1 Like

Wait until trump gives him a nickname and says his dad was involved in the MLK assassination, and makes fun of his weird Italian last name, or some shit. Trump will absolutely bulldoze Desantis in the court of maga opinion. Remember when Cruz was the dipshits favorite before trump? And then Trump posted the meme of his wife, and said his dad was involved in the JFK assassination and absolutely devoured his soul.

2 Likes

I doubt Desantis wants to take the high variance route of challenging trump when he can wait four years and be a lock.

3 Likes

It’s all personality stuff and DeSantis is a dead fish. That he executes well is worthless and possibly even a detriment in the Republican party.

He has no chance.

The real thing to fear is if they can scrounge up a more personable Candace Owens who will also troll and be shitty and lie to everyone’s face. That’s the Terminator.

1 Like

He polling second so he’s the best out of the losers, but he’s polling way behind Trump 15% to over 50% if I remember correctly, so it’s Trump’s nomination to lose right now.

Polling this early is literally just name recognition. A week of him on front of cameras is a death sentence.

1 Like

The base doesn’t care about policy. DeSantis is a policy wonk.

The base wants a strong man to yell at libs and scream at rallies. That is very much not DeSantis.

1 Like

DeSantis would have a chance if it were a cult of no personality.

4 Likes