2024 NFL Gameday Thread

If it’s all bone I guess that can be in the 3 month range, just in time for the playoffs. 4 months for the Super Bowl.

Said with a straight face by a Lions fan.

A good chunk of spartan clan will be live in person for Vikes-Lions next week. Son-in-law Vikings fan. Rest of us from Michigan.

1 Like

@Melkerson, Slayton finally showing up for you.

nvm

butnahh that was some Joe Theisman level shit, it’ll be a while before dude is walking again never mind running/planting

the pokes are 0-3 at home, 3-0 on the road

“breaking news” way to rub it in

totally sucks for football, detroit has a scary team and I’d rather play them at full strength and take our lumps, they’ve earned it. As it stands the NFC Norris teams have the top four point differentials in football, which is hilarious and will have a half life shorter than hock tuah since three of the four are complete frauds, yeah sorry packers you too dumpy cheese hicks

https://x.com/mattmfm/status/1845589666730234126

1 Like

Let’s go Sports!

The Jest will continue to play in prime time until morale improves

Really excited to see Aaron Rodgers!

So basically anytime a rb gets injured his backup seems to do exactly as well? Why pay running backs

No money playing RB, everyone’s solid.

2 Likes

I can’t see Rodgers holding up. He doesn’t even have the threat of ducking a big man.

QB health would be one reason.

Will never ever understand these teams that send nobody to the QB on Hail Mary’s.

More like how do you have 5 defenders on the guy catching the ball and none can get a hand on it, pathetic

There’s a lot of good rbs, a few elite ones, and a lot of mediocre or poor ones.

Elite ones provide value by being able to run routes and get open vs lbs, while also being good blockers, and great runners between the tackles and outside with big time speed.
Saquon Barkley, CMC, and prime Kamara are guys who fall into this category for me. Historically LT also was one of these and Marshall Faulk too.
There’s very good ones who might be elite or better than almost everyone else at running, but lack the completeness to be in the elite category for me (Adrian Peterson, Derrick Henry)
The value of good or really good rbs (Kyren Williams, Gibbs, Montgomery, Taylor) over mediocre or poor rbs like Trent Richardson is significant. The difference is there are so many good rbs currently that the value above replacement is minimal. Also good rbs can often be found in the late rounds of the draft so investment should be minimal.

Just rush 4. An elderly QB won’t have 7 seconds to launch the ball if you just play normal.

They thought they were going to run a 10 yard sideline route to get out of bounds for the FG. I think they should have rushed 0 or 1 if that’s the case.

The odds of getting a sideline pass 10+ yard down the field × 2.5 pts(FG% make probability) vs getting a hail mary with 4 wrs vs 5 dbs hanging back in perfect position to make a play on the ball × 6.95 pts probably favours the sideline route.

I don’t blame the coach/ playcalling, just the players for not making a play.

LOL McDermott then. MNF producers might be better coaches since they were showing highlights of prior Hail Marys.

McDermott should be fired at halftime. One end of clock blunder is a fluke. Two is a problem. Fifty is a bit of a pattern, no?