2024 NFL Gameday Thread

You threw Tannehill’s name out there. I’m just assuming you watched zero Titans football last year.

Trade for Jameis. Not kidding. They probably have the best set of weapons in the league with Achane, Mostert, Jonnu, Hill and Waddle. A chucker like Jameis is a perfect fit. Well as perfect as they are going to find this season anyways.

Or Trey Lance.

watson’s contract kinda matches up with tua’s!

You mean last year when he was injured pretty early and then they decided to give the rookie a chance because they were going nowhere? And when he came back he knocked the Jags out of the playoffs in a must win game for them? Yeah, Tua ain’t much better than that guy. Especially behind this Swiss cheese line that we’ve got. Tannehill was actually mobile.

I did see them beat the Phins in Miami with Levis and I don’t think that even they thought Levis was better than Tannehill at that point. They were trying to develop him. I haven’t seen much Levis, but I think peak Tannehill is about his ceiling.

NFL has some newish rule about being able to give yourself up going head first. I think that maybe what he was trying to do.

In real time, I was thinking, “Well, that wasn’t a bad hit at all, he should be fine” and about five seconds later it was “Welp, that is the end of this season and probably the next two”

Many things, sliding can be very dangerous as well if you do it too late, diving head first at the defender’s ankles is probably the best play.

If Fields falls out of favour and Wilson takes over he might be suitable for Miami as while he can’t read a defense, he will open up a lot of space in the running and PA game as well as his movement helping with the lack of pass protection Miami gets. Also leaving a spy on him takes another defender away from being able to cover their speed.

Also a guardian cap apparently helps with constant minor hits and offers minimal protection vs large hits.

This was me just 5 days ago

I broke my leg sliding into third in softball once, so there is that.

I’m guessing Pittsburgh would be more likely to trade Russ than Fields at this point. If all Fields needs to do is what he did last week he can very comfortably get them to the 9-8 record that is their goal every year.

Pretty much every other player can figure out where the first line is most of the time. Don’t think that knowing what 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage is constitutes some kind of advanced football IQ thing. He’s just super uncoordinated, lacks awareness, and lacks the instinct to protect himself from tackles (which is why he shouldn’t be allowed to continue an NFL career, for his own safety).

I watched every Titan game Tannehill started last year. He was awful. I’d bet money that if you extrapolated his numbers, he had the least catchable throws of any starting qb.

Ffs, his qbr was 35.8.

What’s Josh Dobbs up to?

You were very wrong then, but right now.

No. Right both times.

I knew “now” was right around the corner. I’d have set the the o/u at about one season. So it came in a bit early, but it was definitely coming.

In addition to all of those things, I think he is just naturally more susceptible to concussions for some reason. I think that if there were a way to subject a large number of QBs to all the hits Tua has taken over his career, most of them don’t turn into a ticking time bomb

Oh yeah somehow he’s more sensitive to them 100%, which is really bad when combined with the inability to avoid them, too. Someone needs to sue to get an injunction preventing him from suiting up again.

I’d take Russ too as is. His leg might recover. Tua’s head won’t.

If McD is as good as everyone says, he could probably create an offense that Russ could handle and be productive in with those weapons.

He is on the 49ers.

HERE WE GO WEEK 2 Sunday

1 Like

Saints didn’t field opening ko so they got it at 20. Aubrey confirmed GOAT.