2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I don’t view this as a good or healthy mindset.

2 Likes

Funny that this topic is coming up now. I just sat in on a zoom call with the principle of my daughter’s school where a lot of parents were complaining about how the schools tough grading standards weren’t fair because it makes it harder for students from the school to get into a good high school than students who go to “worse” middle schools with laxer standards. Idk maybe try to have more good high schools :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It might not be ideal, but it’s better than the druggies being the cool kids imo.

High school is a fucked up angsty nightmare for 95% of us anyway. Might as well be angsty about something that will generally set you up better in life.

4 Likes

My hometown’s public high school was and is very highly regarded, but according to my parents I was not living up to my “potential” (I’m sure nobody else here has ever heard that) so they tried to make me go to private school. We did all the tours and I think I ended up flat-out refusing, consequences TBD. They relented, and in retrospect I wonder if they were happy to save the money.

Anyway thank God I did not go to a private boarding school, which was one of the plans - exposure to rich kids with real drugs at that point may well have killed me.

3 Likes

Only thing I know about magnet schools - you submerge them in water, no more school.

13 Likes

Magnet schools, how do they work?

2 Likes

Isn’t regular school also like this?

That’s how my underwater basket weaving class worked

Pretty sure regular schools expand when wet

2 Likes

Aren’t the grading standards set by the district and not the school? They are in my district.

Isn’t this the sort of stuff I’ve been predicting will happen? Be careful on social media because they seem to want to spread pictures and video of this

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1752541831840055551?t=2_tdvMgccDh4GaUJZzj-3w&s=19

1 Like

After a young adult musician named Buster Moon moves from a small farm in Ohio to the affluent city of Colorado Springs, Colorado, he quickly notices things aren’t quite right, and the people are… strange. As Buster becomes the main focus of the city and the entire state, he slowly and painfully learns the dark secret of Colorado involving a widespread Satanic Cult, the Democratic Party, and the Cold War. Eventually, Buster gets more attention than he thought was possible for any artist, but not in the way a normal celebrity does – in the way a religious icon does.The only thing more absurd than this fiction book is the fact that it is loosely based on the life of author and musician Justin Mohn, whose four year stay in Colorado caused multiple lawsuits and changed the possible outcomes of the 2020 U.S. Presidential election by exposing 3 Presidential candidates as corrupt which forced them to drop out of the race.

Backing in to a parking space is the default in Japan. In almost every parking lot I enter, there are 20 backed in cars. And then there’s me.

Our local school is 2% asian and 20% black.

Lottery School:

Prime Video just started serving us ads. The enshittification of everything continues.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ShooterMcGavin_/status/1752417583494512816

Still one of the all time great TV bits.

5 Likes

I always thought Triumph was hilarious.

I guess I’m just a simpleton when it comes to humor though.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Comic the Triumph insult dog

1 Like
1 Like