2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Impossible and Beyond Meat are the leading brands here. I think Impossible is a bit better. Both are light years ahead of anything else I’ve tried.

1 Like

I swear I’ve heard of a similar Singapore dish that’s a weird tomato-based pasta thing.

Impossible shit is awesome. Burgers are good, meatballs and sausage patties good, and the nuggets and chicken patties are awesome to just throw in the air fryer.

1 Like

Are you thinking of that dish from Jollibee? [even though it’s Filipino]

https://twitter.com/SeanSafyre/status/1744138937239822685?t=vVLXUMgMM27lUgMeLDyVcw&s=19

Drop tested

2 Likes

IMG_8509

2 Likes

The truest story I’ve ever told.

1 Like

that solves the problem of heads vs tails bias, but this would still not have the properties of a random sequence, for instance the variance (of #heads, say) would be smaller.
(think of the extreme case where same-side bias is 100% and you always get 1/2 tails 1/2 heads)

lol how is that possible?

3 Likes

Back in 2012 when I was teaching in China there was a place next to my apartment that had fresh cut flat noodles with a spicy sauce that cost 50 cents per dish. It took a solid month before I could accept noodles for breakfast, but once I did I was hooked.

1 Like

Israeli breakfast is completely different than north american one. I remember being on a business trip in Montreal years ago and my boss asked for a side of chopped vegetables with his breakfast and they looked at him like a mad man.

3 Likes

This seems bad.

https://x.com/Rahll/status/1744234385891594380?s=20

Good point. If we plotted the length of repeats (HH, TT, HHH, TTT, ….) we would see a bias against the longer repeats.

For a practical coin flip, we simply “hide” the starting condition by covering the upside prior to the flip.

AI is going to cause a bit of suffering before it murders us.

The Japanese seem to take something originating in another country and doing it better than anybody else.

The best guitar surf rock band I’ve heard is Japanese.

2 Likes

The japanese probably didn’t invent a bunch of dudes all jerking off onto a woman’s face, but they certainly perfected it

4 Likes

Just walked by Jenna Bush on the sidewalk. Didn’t recognize her right away, but my wife assures me it was her.

1 Like

Los Angelinos, I need to find a short term studio rental for about 2-3 months in the area. Driving times don’t really matter to me, I’m just looking for something in a safe neighborhood under 2K a month. Any suggestions on best places to start?

Torrance or San Pedro. Maybe something on the OC border like La Mirada. If commute did matter you might be able to find something downtown in a secure building - though maybe not at that price - but maybe. If you really want a shitty commute, maybe out in Upland or Walnut or thereabouts.

1 Like