2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Reminds me of these (sans police):

1 Like

Very similar. In my daughterā€™s case the passengers had to wrestle the control from the driver who was not really lucid. After they stopped he was still trying to drive.

My daughter was right in front. It was this event.

Bus driver experiences fatal medical emergency, pulls over on 5 Freeway in Tejon Pass, CHP says - ABC7 Los Angeles.

4 Likes

Good Morning,

[bigger boss] is working on putting together information that will help us justify our staffing levels in light of current and future projects. To that end, I need to collect from each of you a list of projects that youā€™ve worked on over the last fiscal year, even if it was just a few minutes. Please take some time to create a list and send it to me before close of business tomorrow (Thursday) so I can compile the main list for [bigger boss].

I love these kinds of emails from my boss (who cancels our one on ones 80% of the time, which is fine with me). Basically: ā€œI have no idea what you do, so can you please justify your job for me?ā€

2 Likes

Layoffs incoming

Possibly. But itā€™s a university. It might just be trying to justify replacing the person who just left.

1 Like
6 Likes

Yeah my boss is basically just a layer to alleviate paperwork for the big boss. She still runs everything. So our one on ones are usually: You got anything? Nope. Do you? Nope. Ok then.

The good news for me is that as the DevOps person, I tough basically every project. So I had a list of 18 projects for him.

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re going to come back with: ā€œCould you put some kind of rough hours or % worked on each project?ā€

2 Likes
2 Likes

My advice for anyone who gets any request remotely similar to this is think about the most critical project you are working on and way overinflate your involvement on that in order to avoid the coming layoff.

2 Likes

My boss just wanted a list. But yeah if he asked for time and effort Iā€™d do that.

Iā€™d be kind of nightmare to replace at this point since Iā€™ve built so much stuff that I can maintain with my eyes closed.

But also, Iā€™d love to get laid off because it would force my hand to go back on the road and do South America.

2 Likes

Sad thing is I bet those kids get bullied every day in school.

They donā€™t allow you drive a school bus unless you have some potential health condition that could leave you incapacitated.

1 Like

I just loaded up the twitch app and the front page is a trump rally. Unbelievable

Yup, I got it, too. And this was a couple hours ago.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CassieCeleste/status/1844125723709276671

2 Likes

Been going on for months

https://archive.ph/Mwf7e

5 Likes

On Sept. 20ā€”the same day Applereleased the iPhone 16ā€”a pair of teenagers from Detroit was arrested in Texas after police say they flew in and went on a porch-thieving spree around Houston.

Chris Brown, a lieutenant with the police department in Deer Park, Texas, said the suspects were armed with inside information: AT&T parcel tracking numbers. Deer Park police are working with AT&T to investigate how the suspects got that information, he said.

ā€œWe have no evidence of any breach of our systems, and this was not a hack,ā€ the AT&T spokesman said.

It seems likely that this is someone on the inside at AT&T is selling lists of tracking numbers to rings of thieves.

2 Likes

This is because wiper didnā€™t call the cops

3 Likes

seems wild to fly to houston, I guess everyone in Detroit is on android?

the fact that their insider can only get access to certain numbers and canā€™t just ā€œpull up the numbers for detroitā€ has to be a big clue

1 Like

Not exactly the same, but this reminds me of when I got my Switch. I somehow managed to order one from Walmart.com when they first came out. They used a shipper I hadnā€™t heard of, and it never arrived. Iā€™m guessing that they just shipped it in itā€™s branded packaging so that everyone could see what it is and it just ā€œfell of the truckā€ somewhere along the way. I ended up having to buy one off the black market (Craigslist).