2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Nice, Hinton deserves the Nobel. Gonna be a lot of spicy takes.

1 Like

Calling machine learning physics seems dubious at best. Give them the Fields Medal or something.

Well, if the real physicists would get off their butts and solve some shit or find some aliens we wouldn’t have to give their prize to computer scientists.

2 Likes

1 Like

I 'm sure the new types of scams and IP thievery this AI discovery will empower will be very exciting.

1 Like

WWII propaganda was wild.

5 Likes

LA people: I have a few Waymo invites if anybody wants one. Waymo only covers this area for now:

Eggs >>>>>>>> no eggs every fucking day

1 Like

The only part of LA that matters. I’m not sure if people even live in those grey areas.

2 Likes

Amazing how transit in LA avoids the airport.

Dropoff and pickup were the only two spots where Waymo seemed at all shaky when I tried it - for some reason it was intent on picking us up and dropping us off across the street from my building. If they could be servicing LAX I’m sure they would be.

Yeah. LAX may not let them, maybe not even in the ride share lot.

LAX driving involves a lot of aggressive lane merging and cutting people off, or you never move. It would be interesting to see if Waymo can handle that.

I bet AI could find some aliens. They won’t actually be aliens, but damnit if AI won’t find them.

1 Like

This is truly hilarious. There isn’t a single family home under like 2 million dollars in that entire shaded region

I’d see your point if it was a bus route, but if you’re trying to make money doesn’t it go without saying you start where people have more money?

Well, that’s not true. LA is expensive, but that map contains some of the poorest areas in LA (which are still expensive, but single family homes probably bottom at like $500k.

1 Like

Just saw Fox News reporting that the DOJ indicted someone supposedly plotting a terrorist attack on Election Day.

https://x.com/RickSteves/status/1843832283985219758

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/CassieCeleste/status/1843702724090835178

1 Like