2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

The beach up to like 12 feet from the water is public, and all the homeowners readily comply with requirements that public access is provided and preserved.

lol no of course they don’t

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/malibu-beach-access-blocking-penalized-18145060.php

1 Like

A neighborhood in Palos Verdes got around this by building up the beach behind the high tide line. So if you somehow find your way to their beach, you can only hang out on the steep slope between the water and high tide line.

No palapas for you! Only rocks.

There’s a spot like that near La Jolla cove, where you pull out of your garage onto the street, and the speed limit is 35 but people are driving 50-60.

1 Like

That’s pretty crafty. Another option in Palos Verdes is to just beat the shit out of outsiders.

Yeah these guys were basically Anthony Kiedis’ crew in Point Break. Except privileged local turds instead of drug dealers.

I stumbled on to their little stone hut one time (the authorities finally made them tear it down). No one was around, but a big pot of stew or something was cooking over a stone oven. I got spooked and got out of there quick. They must have all been out surfing.

Is it ok for me to be hoping for just a little bit of climate change so these abominations get destroyed by the massive force of the ocean?

Given this:

“It will take several million dollars for the house to be finished,” said listing agent Jason Oppenheim of the Oppenheim Group, who said the roughly 4,000-square-foot house needs windows and doors, along with plumbing, electrical, HVAC and interior finishes.

This is some real, “No problems to see here, and this is actually a GOOD thing” from the real estate agent:

Oppenheim said in its current condition, the house is a blank canvas. But he said, “Much of the architectural integrity and the architectural value of the house exists.” At this point, he added, the original finishes, which were removed, would have been somewhat dated.

bagdad-bob

I’m guessing they all learned their lesson when Barbara Streisand’s house went into the ocean and they now build their houses like WWII bunkers.

They can make them as strong as they want, a few more feet and the ocean will win. Its the biggest and strongest thing on our planet. Reinforcements wont beat it

1 Like

Like I said, I doubt very many people who can’t spend $50M+ for a house are going to want to live in Kanye and Kim’s interior decorating anyway.

The condo next to me just sold for 1% of that, had what looked like a new kitchen and bath to me from the listing, and is now being completely gutted.

https://twitter.com/MattfromKC/status/1737508770920419810

Sports buff wtf?

Hardcore gamers gtfo

I mean it’s a German commercial from a Swiss pharmacy but whatever. It was heartwarming.

2 Likes
4 Likes

It can always get worse

https://x.com/edsbs/status/1737581974426894618?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

Surfers are the best example of the dunning-Kruger effect that I can think of. Bad surfers think the movie point break is a documentary, and that being a surfer means being an entitled dick to everyone. Actually good surfers don’t give a fuck about you, they just want to surf. They’re not there to impress people. I paddle out at some extremely localized spots where non locals are regularly screamed at for getting in the way and nobody ever says shit to me, and then I head to Del Mar for a party session with my friends and 100 other people and everyone has a problem. Like, people on soft tops who can barely stand up, are chirping at me in the lineup.

3 Likes

not sure what mg mental image of you was, but it wasn’t surfer dude!

hang loose :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Agreed! Very heartwarming. I already shared it with someone who loved it. Thanks @King_of_NY!

1 Like

Fun fact. Gwen Stefani is older than Ted Cruz.

2 Likes