2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

This will be my go-to from now on. I’ll be looking for places to use it.

Oh, Xenomorph

2 Likes

it’s even better when you go the other way, “K as in Knight” etc

1 Like

way back around 2000ish, I was trying to spell my email address to a customer over the phone (my name isn’t phonetically obvious and has a string of letters that people very frequently mishear when spelled out). I’m cruising along “ECHO SIERRA” and this woman cuts me off “WHOA WHOA SLOW DOWN THERE STAR TREK”

21 Likes

Z for zut alors!

2 Likes

I assume everyone knows what the N on the Cornhusker helmet stands for?

Knowledge

7 Likes

Rofl. I’ve never encountered that. Usually people, even those who don’t know it really, like folks in an Indian call center or something, intuit what you mean pretty quickly and just roll with it.

Also, for fans of this conversation:

3 Likes

Buy a battery powered jump-starter.

1 Like

Your pony is trying to run in last Thursdays race on Saturday.

1 Like

This article is a great writeup of the statues issue playing out in Australia.

The statue is of a man who broke into a morgue to cut open and steal the brain of an Aboriginal man.

Someone cut the statue off at the feet and painted the below.

Sadly they missed the opportunity to leave it as is. Which would have been perfect.

3 Likes

Absolute insanity in the UK that I didn’t know

In most of the UK. If you die without a will and no heirs, your money goes to the state. Not the best, but whatever

In two parts however. It goes to either the Prince of Wales (Prince William) or the Duke of Cornwall.

Actual feudalism alive and well.

wait wtf this means downton abbey is in a different universe than we are

1 Like

also the prince of wales is always the same as the duke of cornwall, but it may be possible that the duke of cornwall is not the prince of wales

Oh. I was thinking of a different Duke…

That’s a weird reason to erect someone a statue for though.

4 Likes

Just a quote I liked

By the time Casa Bonita finally reopens — there is a happy ending — Parker and Stone have done something that could hardly be more quintessentially American: They’ve spent a fortune to make a copy of a Mexican-themed restaurant that’s actually better than the original.

3 Likes

My deep dive into the dark side of Pokemon continues

lol just after he seems like he’s getting real about how marketing is bullshit and manipulative and he’s a marketer himself, he say “be sure to hit subscribe!”

https://x.com/lfickvitch/status/1836074763384476120

3 Likes