2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Fire in Angeles National Forest, photo taken on my front porch. Looks like a volcano went off. Will try to get a better photo later when I’m out, because the view of the smoke is truly awesome in a very, very bad way.

8 Likes

I just can’t see investing in something that could easily be flooded on the market for any number of reasons. Finance bros buy Lego and then sell all the most precious sets for a short term cash grab. Just seems like a crazy risky investment. Even if you have years or editions for sets they can literally make them identical if they want.

Second this. My direct news consumption is extremely low. Whenever I catch a glimpse I just puzzle at how people can watch it. Maybe a little less with print media but still similar.

1 Like

I moved to Glendale right when the Station Fire was happening, it really is something to see the plumes rising.

Three cruisers responding to a bloody naked man on Madison Ave during my bus ride home. Doesn’t appear to be Haitian.

Looks cool. Be safe

1 Like

Woah, I had no idea that happened. This fire is pretty far away but it’s fucking with me because of the visuals. It looks like a goddamn volcano exploded.

Then there’s ANOTHER fire further east in San Bernardino that is like 0% contained and going off.

Can you see the plumes from where you are?

Someone who over-invested realized this stuff isn’t very liquid made a post asking how to get rid of it all with this pic

6 Likes

5 Likes

Put the monkey in jail now!

https://x.com/sighyam/status/1833455387778912458?t=0Ogy9pqe31aszExa5JmWFw&s=19

1 Like

Australia helping keep the A in ACAB.

Tasered a 95 year old woman in a care home. She hit her head and died.

She was armed with a steak knife and a walker.

1 Like

When I hear Station fire I think about the night club fire

I do not. I’ll check that out when I can. I’m camping ATM and generally offline. I’ll ask my daughter. I bet she does.

https://x.com/cascamike/status/1833905355266367734

Order of connection is correct. Having had one explode on me, not sure I like connecting the ground directly to the negative battery terminal.

Looks like she should be clipping it to the frame behind the battery?

Hah, I remembered it right. Haven’t jumped a car in many moons.

How can you even tell what’s going on there it all looks dark to me.

Frame is what I’d prefer if jumping from another vehicle battery but tbh I have one of these battery starter things (lower right corner in pic) and the cables are short and awkward to connect so when I’ve used it I just do what she’s doing. :man_shrugging:

It is hard to tell exactly. She could be just lifting the cover on the terminal at the moment the picture was taken. Maybe they even brought in a ringer to make the actual connection.

Carry portable jumper battery deals in both cars. Should never need car to car cables ever again.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s on the battery.