2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Speaking on car accidents. I know it is recommended to see a doctor after an accident in case you start experiencing issues later down the road and not going to a doctor in a certain time frame can let your insurance off the hook - what kind of doctor am I supposed to be visiting? Family doctor and then get a referral for neck/back doctor?

Is it? Maybe by lawyers but sure as shit not by doctors.

Also delayed presentations of weeks/months are bullshit.

1 Like

I have mild back/neck pain right now. I guess the issue is that it gets worse over time?

Floridaā€™s 14-day accident law generally requires you to seek medical attention no more than 14 days after a motor vehicle accident . If you donā€™t get medical care within 14 days, then you may not be able to get insurance compensation for injury-related expenses and losses.

Yeah seems like recommended by lawyers is about right.

So, if an unrelated adult describes an interaction as one kid ā€œputting their hands onā€ another and the kidā€™s parent describes it as typical kid roughhousing, it would take video evidence to convince me it wasnā€™t a bullying incident, especially with a 2-3 year age gap. Maybe thatā€™s not what happened here, but it sounds like you donā€™t know and donā€™t really want to know what actually happened here.

what I described above about roughhousing was from the commissioner to my ex so thatā€™s all I know and doesnā€™t seem to be anymore than that or commish woulda said so imo, thanks for your interest though

It wasnā€™t even ā€œTake Your Daughter to Work Day. ā€ An unnamed Austrian neurosurgeon is under criminal investigation after letting her 13-year-old daughter drill a hole into some guyā€™s head during a surgical procedure.

:transmet_smiley:

7 Likes

Ha, neurosurgeons get so much credit from society, but that procedure is idiot proof per what Iā€™ve been toldā€¦ also Ben Carson exists it canā€™t be that hard

3 Likes

Didnā€™t the Egyptians already know how to treat subdural hematomas?

1 Like

No idea but Iā€™d believe it.

2 Likes

I mean as a homeowner who is moderately handy, Iā€™ve drilled a lot of holes. I feel like a skull couldnā€™t be much different than masonry. Put me in coach

3 Likes

I once used my DeWalt to drill a hole through my fingernail after a minor motorcycle accident. Relieved the pressure nicely.
Can I be a surgeon too?

1 Like

Hell yeah go for it

Iā€™m pretty good w a chopsaw or sawzall too. Whatcha got? A kidney stone,ok!

1 Like

Thereā€™s literally case reports of er docs doing this with a drill

Woman letā€™s her 15 year old son go interrailing through Europe. Child protective services is called.

Journalist then talks about generation vs generation stuff, which everyone loves.

1 Like

Didnā€™t someone get in trouble for having a ā€œfree-rangeā€ 11 year old or something a few years back.

Shit we were all free range back in the 70s. I had limits in what streets I couldnā€™t cross until I was 10ish. Of course being in a small town, if one got in any mischief, someone knew who you were and would call your Mom.

1 Like

When I was 13, four of us went on a 5 day hike through the Australian outback with no adults. I was the oldest

Camping with nothing but whatever we carried in, a radio every 15 km or so to call for help if we needed it.

It seems pretty cool at the time, and at the far end of what was normal. These days it seems insane.

4 Likes

My daughter went to Europe with a friend when she was 16 or 17. I donā€™t think they rode the rails, but it was good preparation for when she was reporting from the Yellow Vest protests when she was 18.

1 Like

My fifth grade teacher gave us extra credit if we took a ride on the Orange County bus system by ourselves.

I canā€™t imagine fretting about a 15 year old. This world has gotten so soft.

1 Like