2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I’ve worn lycra shorts under hiking shorts before, which is probably essentially the same thing.

For hiking I do compression shorts, then boxer briefs, then regular shorts of hiking pants. Just compression shorts and regular shorts feels weird, and it seems like the boxer briefs help soak up some of the sweat.

1 Like

I tend to use compression shorts and then regular shorts. Conceptually I just consider compression shorts to be high performing underwear.

lol title insurance always

https://x.com/trdny/status/1829210182145982665?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Capri Sun is one of those products that I’m supposed to like for nostalgic reasons because I grew up when it became part of the zeitgeist. However, I think they suck and never understood it.

+1

I think juice boxes were a little after my time anyway. We poured stuff in glasses like animals.

I drank Capri Sun in my youth but figured they disappeared 20 years ago.

I am ambivalent about Capri Sun packages or juice boxes, I grew up on KoolAid from a packet. I can 100% get behind yogurt in a tube though, perfect medium for yogurt either cold or frozen.

The only thing we had in a tube in my day where those frozen pop things, which were pretty good. Unless you count the pixie dust things, which were gross.

1 Like

I am very surprised to learn that regular juice boxes and Capri Sun pouches became available around the same time (1980ish). I definitely remember having juice boxes in my lunches and think of Capri Sun as newfangled, but I am apparently wrong. Born 1973 fwiw.

1 Like

We are #KoolAidStrong

2 Likes

oh yeah I’m sure these new bottles will all get recycled and not end up in any landfills

They still sell Otter Pops, I was tempted to buy a pack because of childhood nostalgia. Fukking Alexander the Grape is the WOAT flavor.

ephts0gx1kra1

1 Like

A frozen Strawberry/Banana Gogurt tube is better than any OtterPop ever made.

1 Like

Growing up be like… Seriously, this was our setup:

8 Likes

My mom used to freeze capri suns and throw them in our little cooler with drinks and snacks we took when she would drop my brother and I (at middle school and below ages) at the local pool or water park in the summer. Kept everything cold and they melted fast enough to eventually drink them.

Also now that would probably be seen as child abuse or whatever but my parents did it all the time. Would drop me off at the public golf course to play by myself during middle school summers and give me a couple quarters to use the pay phone to call home when I was done. Drop me off at the mall to go to the arcade all the time too.

An entirely different world from today.

3 Likes

Oh for sure, they don’t taste good, but kids just like sugar water. The main thing is that the pouch is unique and kind of fun compared to other lunch drink options. I remember when I was in elementary and middle school in the 80’s, it felt special to have a Capri Sun. Just had to make sure I didn’t stab the straw straight through the pouch.

Since when do realtors (rather than the loan issuer) decide on the title insurance issuer? This doesn’t make sense.

According to EPA, as of 2018, about 29% for PET plastic bottles. Somewhat better than the overall plastic recycling rate of ~9%.

See Tables 2 and 25 in this PDF.

Never seen anyone abbreviate Wonderfulist of all time before.