2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

https://x.com/90sManiax/status/1814322245302723027

Jaws and Boomer are athletes I guess? And Lingo translates, writes poems, other? The others seem fairly self-explanatory. I guess the dog rides a motorcycle.

I/Q is in the middle of a “Well, actually…”

2 Likes

Watching my first bit of Olympics coverage on NBC right now and I forgot how cringeworthy the homerism is, good God

1 Like

Kid Vid cost the canadian women’s soccer team 6 points in the play-in round

2 Likes

https://x.com/ninewontmiss/status/1817382809297723901?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

dunno where else to put this, but if david blaine did this in my kitchen, “get the fuck out of my house” would be my exact response too :flushed:

haven’t read the comments yet and i’m sure there’s an explanation but… man i dunno.

4 Likes

This sucks. More suffering for Venezuela. No idea if this result is legit. Exit polls had the opposition at 80%.

Inflation was 130000% in 2019 and now it’s 50%. GPD has doubled since 2022.

8 million people have fled the country and likely won’t come back. More said they would leave if Maduro won. That kind of brain drain can’t be good.

On the flip side the US relieved sanctions as part of the deal to hold this election. So if VZ can convince the US the elections were legit, maybe they can keep improving relations and the US will stop screwing them.

Not sure what this means? Are you saying the results are legit?

I’m not saying anything about the results of the election.

My point is just that

may not reflect the current conditions. Right now Argentina has the highest inflation in the world at 271%. Syria is 2nd with 140%. Turkey is 3rd with 72%.

The easy part is the “make them pick the 9 of hearts” which is magician bread and butter.

Then there’s two parts

1. Get the pre loaded orange (maybe some others) into the bowl. Easy to do if they are setting up lights, sound, etc.
  2. Get him to pick the orange

Two is harder. But if I looked at those bowls I’d probably pick the orange too.

Closest bowl has a big ass mango on the top. That’s too big and awkward. Go to the other bowl. Orange is the simplest to pick right off the top.

1 Like

???

2 Likes

I just figured Harrison was acting

Yeah is this just subliminal messaging before Harrison picks a card?

2 Likes

“forces” or making people choose a specific thing that you want them to chose, is a pretty standard magic trick. Obv its been improved upon/changed over the last hundreds of years, but the basic premise has always been the same.

Joke’s on them because I chose my card long ago and will not succumb to their influence

1 Like

How do you get someone to zero in on a specific card to pick if it’s already been removed from the deck?

Yeah but you can still go visit Argentina and you’d never know it. Venezuela is by all accounts a crime-ridden basket case. It was a no-go zone in 2018. Colombia closed off the border with Venezuela for a few years. It’s a little better now, but still a mess.

This after being one of the richest countries in South America for a long time.

How much of that is Chavez->Maduro sucking and how much is because of US sanctions is hard to know.