2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

My D&D/gaming luck streak is undefeated!!!

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 9

1 Like

How?

Iā€™ve very vanilla, so Iā€™d just throw it into Vanguard Total Market and call it a day, but it sounds like you have grander plans than that.

I canā€™t tell for sure if you are doing this, but it seems like a lot of people are suggesting that doing the EV calculation is ā€œmathematicalā€, but doing bankroll management/bet sizing calculations is not ā€œmathematicalā€. Thatā€™s wrong, imo. Itā€™s different, but itā€™s still mathematical.

I win $30 million if this number is under 10.

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 7

Get fucked thread poors

12 Likes

Iā€™ve got a few new business ideas. The real message for me is that I should be pursuing these things now. I am too risk-averse.

I cast fireball

2 Likes

Will I get new shoes next year?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Most likely

Thatā€™s a load off my mind.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair clarification. Both are mathematical, and both are EV calculations. More properly worded, I would have said ā€œthe max EV side of my brainā€.

The real question is how low would I go on the guaranteed number.

Obviously for the purposes of this question I canā€™t just hedge or sell the chance at 30 milly

1 Like

Well, that didnā€™t take long.

Just days before The Satanic Templeā€™s display in the Iowa Capitol was set to come down, a Christian vandalized it. It came after a flurry of outrage from conservatives who believe freedom of religion shouldnā€™t apply to religious groups they donā€™t personally like.

According to the right-wing media outlet The Sentinel , the culprit was Michael Cassidy , ā€œa Christian and former military officerā€ who beheaded the Baphomet statue.

https://x.com/hemantmehta/status/1735744290800930967?s=20

All this means is half the rich people get 30 million more dollars.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1735800801455419697?t=5QsXeobIgO3szncG4w5uHQ&s=19

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to wait to roll the dice until the odds get better again once people start failing

6 Likes