2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

This case is wild

1980s. A gang went on a spree of murders over 3 years. Suspected links to the police, right wing para militaries, or the “stay-behind” organisations that were set up to organise resistance in case of a Soviet invasion.

The pharmacy told me Mounjaro is for diabetes and Zepbound is for weight loss. Same drug, different label, for profit reasons I’m sure. I was wondering if Ozempic had a similar thing,

I think it has to do with proving, via clinical trials, that a drug is effective on the conditions for which it is labeled. The drug companies want the drugs to be approved for as many conditions as possible. The makers of Zepbound are pursuing approval to prescribe it for sleep apnea, which is what drew my attention, but I don’t think a doctor can prescribe it specifically for apnea yet (or they can, but insurance definitely won’t cover it).

When setting up the discount card for Zepbound that’s one of the requirements - that the drug is being prescribed consistent with FDA-approved labeling.

Hide some weights on your person. They don’t make you strip before you get on the scale. Fuck em. Beat the system.

1 Like

The pharmacist seemed to think my coupon would have worked if I didn’t work for the government. And I don’t have sleep apnea. My BMI was 33.

3 Likes
1 Like

Not sure why people wouldn’t expect Joyce to be a perve or whatever

3 Likes

There’s perve and then there’s these hilariously weird letters.

1 Like

Those are hilarious, but we covered those back on 22 during the Obama administration.

Don’t read Joyce’s personal letters if you aren’t ready for some freak shit.

1 Like

family-guy-woah

You fuck out a few farts and everyone’s calling you a weirdo. Smh.

3 Likes

Does anyone call me James Joyce, Author of Ulysses?

https://x.com/thejuicemedia/status/1807308764875461101?s=19

1 Like
2 Likes

:harold:

3 Likes

Rolling over to grab your phone and seeing it’s a 12 pm checkout has to be one of the most underrated joyful moments in life.

2 Likes

Hello, I am lost somewhere in the Australian outback. The only landmark of note is this small rock. If anyone knows where this is, send help.

11 Likes

Uluru, formerly known as Ayers Rock.