2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

They are, that’s grafiti (lights, not paint)

In their minds Biden is the rapist

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t get the full story. That is someone projecting that image onto the church. That church had a trump fundraiser back in 2020.

So that’s not an image the church endorses.

Fuck the police. Yeah it would be nice if everyone who stood up the fascists (even if it was just for that one moment) was brilliant and pure of heart, but fuck the police every time.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how calm a pleasant sounding you are if you are ordering people to stop and searching them under threat of violence and imprisonment, it’s still really really impolite.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

And it’s not like the SCOTUS has to be right either. Dissent on the case she mentioned.

Justice William J. Brennan, Jr., wrote in his dissent that the decision was a radical new intrusion on citizens’ rights and “empties the reasonableness requirement of the Amendment”:

“The scheme of the Fourth Amendment becomes meaningful only when it is assured that at some point the conduct of those charged with enforcing the laws can be subjected to the more detached, neutral scrutiny of a judge who must evaluate the reasonableness of a particular search or seizure in light of the particular circumstances. And in making that assessment it is imperative that the facts be judged against an objective standard… Anything less would invite intrusions upon constitutionally guaranteed rights based on nothing more substantial than inarticulate hunches, a result this Court has consistently refused to sanction.”[1]

Thurgood Marshall also voted against it.

1 Like
2 Likes

The secret sauce is that religious proclamation is inversely proportional to being actually religious.

The ends justify the means. The cruel parts of the book are highlighted while Jesus as loving and forgiving are cut out.

I don’t think I slept at all from like 1983 until 1986. like kids today have no idea what anxiety is. sure trump almost started a war with north korea, ronnie had twice as much brain rot and was goading the goddamn soviets

1 Like

Italian communists pulling a Trump

https://x.com/Der_Parrot/status/1800559199312830964

1 Like

Funny you posted this. Netflix released a bunch of 30 for 30s this week and I just watched the one focusing on Kobayashi v. Chestnut last night

2 Likes

“We are devastated to learn that Joey Chestnut has chosen to represent a rival brand that sells plant-based hot dogs rather than competing in the 2024 Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest,”

Joey Chestnut has gone woke??!?

Hes a 40 year old from San Jose.

Woke is built into our DNA

“In 2018 Chestnut and Tim “eater X” Janus competed on The Amazing Race 30”

Wat?

Damn it I kinda want to see that now

Oh wait I did watch that season. They had almost 0 impact

if you guys are into the competitive eating stuff, i recommend “Beard meats food” on youtube. love his videos. just goes around and does all the food challenges he can find and seems to be a pretty good dude.

Hes pretty great. He used to be very obnoxious but he has mellowed out the last few years

She was an italian teacher, who was chained and imprisoned by Hungary’s actual fascist government for attending a protest against actual Nazis celebrating actual Nazi things during WW2.

That tweet is a pretty ridiculous misrepresention of the case.

She’s certainly not a trump

1 Like