2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Good point.

I know there is a cricket field in Calgary but had no idea Canada was actually good.

iā€™m pretty sure they arenā€™t

3 Likes

My neighborhood has a surprisingly active cricket club, with uniforms and all. Always amazes me that itā€™s a thing here in my little town of Dipshit, Ohio.

Good in cricket is relative. There are 20 teams in the tournament. Zimbabwe didnā€™t qualify which means 11 arenā€™t ā€œfull membersā€ of the ICC (and thus donā€™t play test matches). USA players make decent money but thereā€™s a fair amount of plumbers and electricians out there.

Its not going well, America.

1 Like

whatā€™s the score?

USA is chasing 194 and is at 42/1 through 6.2 overs.

42/2 now

Aaron Jones in to bat now. Need a big innings.

35 off 17 lets fucking go

Playing this in Texas in June feels like a prank all the Colonized nations are playing on the United Kingdom

1 Like

Cricket containment thread STAT

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget that wtf twist in The Curse.

Eta: my pony is entering the upper atmosphere

Things not looking good for the USA.

Hard to give any fucks about this. Two complete shit teams.

A couple of baseball diamonds around me have been converted to cricket. With a huge influx of immigrants from India Iā€™d bet Canadaā€™s cricket team is getting way better.

1 Like

The game has been quite exciting as youā€™d typically expect from two middling sides.
Also USA #18 is winning this handily now!

IMG_8919

17 Likes

USA USA USA

Never in doubt

So who here is sick enough to have bet this shit?

Got to clear the guyā€™s name. Apparently his suspension was rescinded years ago but neither the public defender nor the prosecutor cleared it up with the clerk.

https://x.com/mymixtapez/status/1797424553645498710

6 Likes

The meme will live on, however

1 Like

Im pretty sure you made this up, but I canā€™t be arsed to confirm