2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Start running over to my neighbors and offer to buy their house. Pretty sure one of them would take it.

1 Like

Yeah, or checking Zillow quick for a nearby circa $400k listing.

Holidays and a flash Airbnb

1 Like

There are some fancy art galleries nearby. They probably take cash.

have an Aston Martin dealership about 15 minutes away. should have enough for 2 and a lease

None of those transactions can be completed in 30 mins. I think there was a 2p2 question like this a little while back. Im going to buy a cookie from my wife for 500k.

2 Likes

The correct answer is sports cards.

1 Like

If I were close enough to one, I would buy the high end inventory of a large liquor store.

ebay > tom brady rookie card > sort highest price + shipping

pretty sure you could spend $500k in 3 minutes just buying graded jordan rookies.

edit: one search and i found multiple psa 10 jordan rookies. might take 30 seconds actually

In 30 minutes I should be able to buy up blocks of first class, round-trip seats on various long-distance flights.

1 Like

Is it cash? Assuming thereā€™s no way to convert that cash into a useable way to buy stuff online Iā€™m headed straight to the high end watch/jewelry store. Youā€™d probably run out of time while theyā€™re trying to count the money though.

Burn it

2 Likes

Iā€™m buying this trunk

2 Likes

Hilarious that you can click ā€œbuy nowā€ and it takes you to a generic Shopify checkout page. I was going to order it but unfortunately there is no Klarna option.

I wonder if Iā€™m going to get an email tomorrow ā€œhey it looks like youā€™ve forgot somethingā€¦ you left a $425,000 box in your cart, but donā€™t worry weā€™ve saved it for you!ā€

8 Likes

I think it becomes a lot more interesting if youā€™re forced to keep whatever you buy and you canā€™t launder it through family or resell.

Iā€™m on team car, or team pay it all to a travel planner to then plan a vacation over a longer period of time.

no idea if itā€™s possible to feed that much cash into a machine in 30 minutes, but if jackpot is ~$500m, the EV of 250k powerball tickets, is ~$500k.

Just donā€™t use it in the fall or winter or the Rich Kids of Instagram will point at you and laugh.

I spent 10 minutes seeing if I could spend 500k online on fancy Japanese whisky, itā€™s surprisingly hard. They donā€™t hold more than one bottle of the expensive stuff, and most were 40k per bottle

On a side note.

Iā€™m not sure which would upset me more.

Paying $25 delivery on a 40,000 bottle, or paying $360. Both seem nuts

2 Likes

Update. Iā€™ve spent more time than I should have in the last hour

The advertising algorithms in the next week is gonna be nuts

Edit.

I just had a phone call from a sales person asking if I want to buy the 120k used LandCruiser I was looking at online.

4 Likes

Charter a yacht for a week.

1 Like